Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Want to know the newest cure for spinal cord injury.

Quote Originally Posted by poonsuzanne
    Scott,

The Phase I trial of Lithium has just begun at the HKU! Thanks for your concern!!

Suzanne
    Somehow I had missed this news. Suzanne, I hope you are very proud because you surely deserve to be!

Hello, new guy, welcome to Carecure! I'm sorry we don't have more exciting news for you, but stay strong. We'll get there!

Dr Young,Thank you!

Dr Young:
    Thank you for your reply!You are a conscientious doctor.If the doctors who treated me like you,I don't become handicapped.I want to know you and learn from you. I know you are very busy,and I don't faze you. I only want to make friends with you and communicate with you. Can you give me a chance.In addition, Can I join your clinical test?
    Your E-mail?
    Good luck!!

Hi Betheny,

Thanks for the encouragement!!

BTW, good job on the upcoming Washington DC Symposium and Rally!! Let's make a difference together in different parts of the world.
    Suzanne

Thank for all of your encouragement.I will be optimistic for the men who love and support me.I am not afraid of death! I only want to realize myself and help the others who need help more.I was an engineer in a lab before illness. I believe I can go on working as long as my intelligence is not become bad. I want to use my knowledge to make contribution. At last I wish all of you were lucky for lifetime and made friends with me. My Eail:50492377@qq.com.

掌心化雪,

If you need more info in the future, please do not hesitate to let me know! For participation in the clinical trials, you will have to contact the principal investigators of the conducting hospitals.

Suzanne
    suzanneforcure@yahoo.com.hk
    Suzanne

i keep reading about spinal cord research.Can the Doctor's not give what thay know now or can some one tel me other wise.p.s try to keep it simple ?

Clinical Trial Process Primer

The above titled article appeared in the Miami Project to Cure Paralysis' June 2008 Newsletter. Here is an excerpt, which sounds hopeful that they are moving toward a trial in the U.S.

"The Miami Project is preparing for a clinical trial of Schwann cell transplantation in people affected by spinal cord injury (SCI). Before we can actually enroll the first volunteer, we must submit an Investigational New Drug (IND) application to and gain approval from the Food and Drug Administration (FDA). The clinical trial protocol will also need to be reviewed and approved by The University of Miami’s Institutional Review Board (IRB). An IRB is a group of individuals comprised of faculty, staff and community members charged with ensuring that a clinical trial is ethical and the rights of study participants are protected."

For complete article, click here: http://www.miamiproject.miami.edu/x1418.xml