Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cracked/Fractured Coccyx?

Just wondering how long would a fractured tailbone take to heal in a case like this?

PN

i use a front hook bra, or tank with a built in bra. back closers cause a bump between chair back and skin. sport bras are a pain to put on, but no bump.

Originally posted by Liz321:

well?
    The CT scan was fine (except, I threw up some of the nasty red contrast fluid) and my UA was negative. There is no fracture, which is good. I'm still very confused as to why I'm still having the pain. The Dr thinks it might be "residual pain" and he can do some sort of injection into the spot. I'm not wild about this option nor do the alternatives thrill me - lying in bed all the time is not an option (especially being an insomniac)
    I have been taken pain medication which cuts the burning, but this is not the solution either. I am going to get another cushion, but I really feel like my hands are tied in regard to how I manage this. It's very painful still.

- A

what hind of butt pain is it? you said burning pain? only when sitting

Originally posted by metronycguy:

what hind of butt pain is it? you said burning pain? only when sitting
    burning, throbbing, tied-up-at-my-ankles-and-dragged-down-the-asphalt- type pain. Sitting makes it worse, but lately (past 6,5-7mos) it's been nearly constant.

ouch very good description though, i always find when dealing with pain management to give very detailed descriptions of the pain, so they don't assume its my regular CRPS, when i had a weight bearing pain.
    then rehab doc and pt assumed it was the burning pain in feet , cant walk on carpeted floor pain that a lot of T12 have described.
    that wasn't at all what i was experiencing.