Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cracked/Fractured Coccyx?

Cracked/Fractured Coccyx?

I've been having 'butt-trouble' and saw my Dr today. He thinks I may have a cracked coccyx and ordered a CT Scan and a bunch of other tests, even threatening to hospitalize me today. I couldn't go for the CT today b/c I had already been sitting too long and was dying of pain. HOW could this have happened and WHAT is the remedy? I cannot be lying in bed - i'm supossed to be preparing my resumé and looking for a job. There is also darker skin along my spinal column, esp where my bra closure hits. I don't know what to do except go for all the tests and put this creme on my back.
    Is a fractured tailbone common and what is the answer? This SUCKS ~ I am always careful w/my skin and don't know where I went wrong

rough sex?
    i'm not trying to be flippant, i'm serious.
    maybe you need to sleep/have sex on some foam or something.
    what else touches you where your bra closes........shower chair? shower chair could bump your tailbone too.
    mentally go through your day, everything.....what touches you where, when, how hard and for how long?

No, I usually lay on my side or sitting up in a "rocking" position w/sex. But, of course, missionary-style is inevitable.
    One thing I think caused a sore on my bum is a delayed flight on an over-inflated low-profile ROHO. The wound closed, but hurts so much I've been throwing up/naseous. I let air out of my cushion and have been impatiently aying in bed.
    What's the cushion pressure protocol. I really don't know what's going to be done with this. But, god, it friggin' hurts & still pink but closed.

Or it could have happened during a rough transfer possibley such as landing on one of the arms of an airline seat when you were transfering? You should definately get an x ray done Andrea to confirm whether or not you have a fracture, I would think it would be pretty easy to pick out on an x ray?

I am going for a comprehensive CT scan tomorrow. I am wondering if it's something else as I feel quite ill. Hes testing for diverticulitis (don't even know what that is), ovarian cysts and my bones. Also an urine and bloodtest. How fun. I honestly can't think of any rough moves that would have done this. It's bruised up though

check the back of your cushion
    my jay had a "nail" sticking out where I could not feel it and marked my bra area

Andrea- a fractured tailbone does occur for all sorts of reasons- falling on your buttocks, rougher transfer. There is not much treatment except sitting on something to make it more comfortable as it can't really be immobolized. It is definitely not comfortable.

JM

Well, if your bones are less dense (like almost all of us SCI's experience, especially women) then it may not have taken too much. Feel better!

I think Maybe I may have one too. I have been having trouble sitting for about 6-8 month's now. I am going to the Dr. Monday and I am going to ask her to x-ray me
    Doug

T-12 incomplete 10-3-02

i thought i cracked my tailbone last feb. but actually my tailbone moved over from my scoliosis shifting, which ended up in causing a small sore. i had to get my seating readjusted to heal it.