Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mother Nature's Medicine Cabinet

Quote Originally Posted by Leif
    Japanese and our boats have produced a lot of nice oil skin care and good food too. Sailors coming back home from the seas in the southern hemisphere didn’t have sun burns at all; they used to take their hands in face with oil (no drug addicted add ppl like nowadays back then to promote) and lived until 100.
    Leif,
    This sounds like your talking about whaling again.
    Granted humans found a multitude of great uses for whale products. BUT we got too greedy.
    Life isn't about getting thru the storm but learning to dance in the rain.

Quote Originally Posted by Lindox
    BUT we got too greedy.
    I agree 100%. There are ways though but will not hijack this thread with more pro-whaling propaganda lol

I agree 100%. There are ways though but will not hijack this thread with more pro-whaling propaganda lol
    Agreed. I too will abstain from going pro-whale right now.

Stay with jojoba.

Quote Originally Posted by antiquity
    oh no, not spermaceti.
    oh yes.
    The list of whale products is quite extensive.
    Lamp oil. Cooking oil. Soap. Cosmetics..even perfume from the poor sperm whale. FISHING rods. Umbrella parts. WHIPS. Old time shirt collars. Corsets. Even the strings on tennis rackets were made from the tendons of these magnificent creatures.

And of course FOOD. Somewhere I saw they used the penis muscles to form bayonets or something like that. I don't know if that is true.

At least nothing of them went to waste. They would produce fertilizer and dog food from the parts not needed by the humans.

Thankfully they are still with us. Navigating their world. And ours.

WE found alternatives to the usage of whales an we CAN find alternatives to the usage of the alternatives..we can if we really try.

Okay then - A lot of good tings are made of cows as well, even food. Should cows be ruled out to be used for humans because of that?

As for navigation, there are more cows then whales, so cows must navigate better, right?

Okay then - A lot of good tings are made of cows as well, even food. Should cows be ruled out to be used for humans because of that?

As for navigation, there are more cows then whales, so cows must navigate better, right?
    GREED and waste should be ruled out in any other form of life we deal with period. JMO.
    We also in the States used Buffalo for everything to meet our many needs and ALMOST put them into extinction. Now they once again are used in moderation and with a thought about THEM also.

Will whalers do what is best for them..or for the whale..or gee maybe for both species? In the past they did what was best for the whaler and their pocketbook and egos. What a rush it must be to take down the largest mammals on EARTH with your human weapons. OOOOO.
    Knowing though all the time if you tried to take them down only with what God gave you..they would NOT go down. Thus you create extremism. We extremist have learned thru experience that greedy people don't listen until you become a nutcase..AKA loon. Even then they don't hear or are willing to give an inch.

If the whalers would have regulated their own greed and egos we wouldn't be talkin' about this today.

And the stories about the whale watchers vs. the whalers proves maybe they still aren't ready to be fair to man or whale.