Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ever get tired

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Ever get tired

I was just wondering if everybody else gets tired of people telling you "It could be worse" If anbody knows it could be, it certainly IS US!! Hell I sure know it could have been so much worse, I just get tired of people even asking me what's wrong with you? and then telling you it could be worse. I am so thankful for what I do have. I'd love to tell some of them, How would you feel knowing you'll probably never be able to have intercourse again? and that's just a small portion of what people could be asked. Just venting tonight I guess, but I just wonder how many of you get the same feelings?
    Doug

I've heard it before too...

"It could be worse"...or "Stop complaining, there's other people worst off than you"...I hate it...I'm sorry I'm in pain but there's some stuff I can't do...I'm tried of explaining what it's like to have nerves that freak out when my backbone is out of place...or telling a person I don't want to be touched...and don't tell me you were just "playing" by sneaking up and poking me in the sides or "playfully" kicking me in the butt with your foot...when I tell you to stop it I mean it...just keep your hands/foot to yourself...thank-you...That's one of the problems of being AB with nerve damage...thanks I feel better for venting...And then there are the never ending questions added to that and they think I'm joking...I'm not, I know my body better than they do...and I'm the only one that can protect it...

Quote Originally Posted by harley-lynn
    "It could be worse"...or "Stop complaining, there's other people worst off than you"...I hate it...I'm sorry I'm in pain but there's some stuff I can't do...I'm tried of explaining what it's like to have nerves that freak out when my backbone is out of place...or telling a person I don't want to be touched...and don't tell me you were just "playing" by sneaking up and poking me in the sides or "playfully" kicking me in the butt with your foot...when I tell you to stop it I mean it...just keep your hands/foot to yourself...thank-you...That's one of the problems of being AB with nerve damage...thanks I feel better for venting...And then there are the never ending questions added to that and they think I'm joking...I'm not, I know my body better than they do...and I'm the only one that can protect it...
    I hear ya, Sister! I hate when people poke my ribs or come up behind me either tipping my chair back or covering my eyes with their hands for a "surprise". I usually am laughing, I don't know of a kind way to tell them my ass friggin hurts or they jar my nerves. Nobody I know really tells me it could be worse. I tend to tuck my surliness away and reserve it for other occasions.

M.

I hear that too.What makes me blow is an AB says oooh my back hurt's and just keep's complaining.I'd love to jut have back pain.Right now everything that works on my body hurts too.Yeah I could be worse,do I get a prize for not being?
    Be yourself!!!
    http://bodyspace.bodybuilding.com/vandamnwcbb/
    BMF Sports & LiftWithoutLimits
    Sponsored Athlete
    http://www.bmfsports.com/ATHLETES.php
    www.genegvd.com

Quote Originally Posted by van damn
    I hear that too.What makes me blow is an AB says oooh my back hurt's and just keep's complaining.
    So you don't like it when someone tells you that it could be worse, but you think that about everyone else and that's OK?

My husband has a bad back and bad feet. Those two things feed into each other and some days end with him limping and barely able to walk or even stand without extreme pain. From what I can tell, it's nothing like the pain that I'm in all day long, but that doesn't mean it's not bad. Just because it's less than mine doesn't mean he doesn't have the right to express that pain. The only time I get annoyed with anyone bitching about something like that is when they don't do anything about it. If they don't talk to a doctor, take their medication or do any excercises, then they should really keep it to themselves. Otherwise, I tell people that whatever pain they're in is THEIR pain and they have a right to it. The fact that there are quadriplegics in the world doesn't mean that paras should keep mum about their troubles. Neither should amputees, people with MS, MD or even those who just have tendonitis. Pain is pain. No need to be greedy about it. There's plenty for everyone.

C.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiger Racing
    So you don't like it when someone tells you that it could be worse, but you think that about everyone else and that's OK?

My husband has a bad back and bad feet. Those two things feed into each other and some days end with him limping and barely able to walk or even stand without extreme pain. From what I can tell, it's nothing like the pain that I'm in all day long, but that doesn't mean it's not bad. Just because it's less than mine doesn't mean he doesn't have the right to express that pain. The only time I get annoyed with anyone bitching about something like that is when they don't do anything about it. If they don't talk to a doctor, take their medication or do any excercises, then they should really keep it to themselves. Otherwise, I tell people that whatever pain they're in is THEIR pain and they have a right to it. The fact that there are quadriplegics in the world doesn't mean that paras should keep mum about their troubles. Neither should amputees, people with MS, MD or even those who just have tendonitis. Pain is pain. No need to be greedy about it. There's plenty for everyone.

C.
    No,I don't sit here and complain about every little pain.Does your husband's pain go away?.Mine never does.
    I hope you don't get in up roar because you always blow things up.
    Oh, BTW I ran over a roach in a store.
    Be yourself!!!
    Sponsored Athlete
    www.genegvd.com

No,I don't sit here and complain about every little pain.
    Where did I ask you if you sit here and complain about every little pain?
    What I asked you (to paraphrase myself) is why you don't allow others to express the pain they feel just because you believe yours to be worse?

C.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiger Racing
    Where did I ask you if you sit here and complain about every little pain?
    What I asked you (to paraphrase myself) is why you don't allow others to express the pain they feel just because you believe yours to be worse?

C.
    You didn't ask.I don't believe my pain is worst than anyone else.My thing is not much can be done about my pain and I except it.How ever if a person who has pain that can be cured they should get it done rather than do nothing and complain about it.
    Be yourself!!!
    Sponsored Athlete
    www.genegvd.com

it could be worse ,but as well IT COULD BE BETTER.
    thanks god i can move my arms and breath without any help.
    • Dum spiro, spero.
      • Translation: "As long as I breathe, I hope."

Oh, BTW I ran over a roach in a store.

I ran over three in the same isle and one was pergnant and I didn't ever cry.
    "The world will not perish for want of wonders but for want of wonder."
    J.B.S.Haldane