Thread: Maybe I should get an armored tank. . . ?

Unhappy Maybe I should get an armored tank. . . ?

*Groan* Allow me to preface by stating I'm a good driver. Until last week, I've never been in a car accident.

Decided to leave work a little early on Friday the 9th. Driving along, singing a song, minding my own business. The car in front of me stopped and so did I. I heard the car behind me squealing to try to stop. Bang! 19yo kid rear ends me. There was about $700 damage to my bumper but more importantly no one was hurt since we were going really slow.

Fast forward to Tuesday the 13th. There I am driving along, singing and song, minding my own business. A car trying to merge from a side street t bones me from the left. My car gets pushed left. After demolishing several garbage cans and mailboxes, a finally came to a stop when I hit a telephone pole.

I ended up with a concussion and whiplash. My car, Ruby Red, is totalled.

East Coast drivers are horrid!!!!!!!!

I haven't seen anyone driving Hummers on the E coast since I move in September, but I'm thinking about buying a H2.

Sorry about the rant, but I'm feeling trapped in my house w/o a car. Not that I can drive with my poor dizzy, scrambled brain. . .

I need entertainment. I'm not going to work until next Monday. Any thoughts on how to pass time besides tv/internet?

Angela

I'm sorta kinda east coast - and there are Hummers all over the place down here. Of course we have a big dealership in town.

Sorry you were hurt, I hope you feel better soon!

That sucks. Glad you're okay, though. Being without transportation is a nightmare. Is your insurance company providing a rental?
    "I'm lost. I'm no guide, but I'm by your side." - Pearl Jam

"It decomposes, mendicant, therefore, truly, one calls this the world." -- Loka Sutta

please, no h2, they're just a (tahoe) sheep in (hummer badge) wolf's clothing....get a H1, a real hummer, and crush them all (bad drivers) the wreck on the 9th would've been $0 damage to you and on the 13th he wouldn't have pushed you into anything...

Quote Originally Posted by Jeannette
    I'm sorta kinda east coast - and there are Hummers all over the place down here. Of course we have a big dealership in town.

Sorry you were hurt, I hope you feel better soon!
    On Earth Day, April 22, I'm organising a "Key a Hummer Day" here in Vancouver.

Thanks for the condolences. I'm sure that I could get a rental car but since I'm still feeling a little dizzy once in a while, I'm not driving for a while.

I did get some weird news today when I called my attorney. He said that the other guy's insurance was acting strange and said that the guy who hit me doesn't think he's at fault. Hmmm? There were two witnesses, me and the police report that says otherwise. Huh?

I hope this doesn't turn into a big deal.

I must get out of my house. I must break out! If you guys don't here from me for a while, I've successfully dug a tunnel out of my apartment and am on the lam!
    Angela

B.S....its his damn fault...anytime you rearend someone you were too close..plain and simple...didn't anyone get ticketed?

Yah, I know it's his fault. It wasn't a read end. He t-boned me. He got ticketed and the officer even told me at the hospital it was his fault.

*Sigh* what can you do right?

Hey Angela~ Sorry to hear all this MD drivers are the worst, driving in Boston was safer. Do you live near the Metro/ Get on the Metro and head out exploring. If you get dizzy, you can sit and chill until you feel better.

Hope the insurance moves it along quickly, that bites though. Hard to be at fault when you are T-boned unless you ran a light. Glad your injuries weren't any worse.

Oh, yeah, stop singing in the car, it seems to get you in trouble.
    Every day I wake up is a good one