Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: One of my son's friends was killed this week...

Jadis - I am so sorry to hear of your son's friend. It is sad when we lose someone...but even worse when they are young. Your son, his friends, and your family are in my thoughts.
    "Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot nothing's going to get better. It's not." - Dr. Seuss

I'm so sorry about your son!
    Shava Harper, is my little sister. And I'm sorry for your son! I know what it is like... I was driving.. And both my little sister & my friend died... I'm so sorry for everything your family and you have had to go through!

My prayers & thoughts are with you. God's blessing with you too.

Hi There!!! **BIG HUGS****

yes, I read in the paper that Skot just passed away.

It kinda brought it all back.

Sweetie, have you had counciling about this? It would help you deal with things and help you deal with what you are going through---one, losing Shava and two the fact that you were driving.

My husband was driving when we were rearended. That was the accident that put me where I am today. Everytime he sees the wheelchair he has that look of pained guilt go acrossed his face. That was seven years ago.

I hope you are getting help dealing so you don't carry this burden around with you for years.

Your accident was the EXACT way mine happened. I was coming into Kalispell and the 15-yr old pulled out in front of me. The injuries were actually opposite though. She walked away with just a cut, and I broke my back in 5 places.

You can certainly email me if you want to talk.

Love ya, Kiddo,
    Jadis

Quote Originally Posted by lucky2behere
    I'm so sorry about your son!
    Shava Harper, is my little sister. And I'm sorry for your son! I know what it is like... I was driving.. And both my little sister & my friend died... I'm so sorry for everything your family and you have had to go through!

My prayers & thoughts are with you. God's blessing with you too.
    I sent you a PM about this....email me sometime...reading between the lines on this and I'd really like to talk to you privately.

not much i can say. it is a terrible tragedy.

Years ago, about a month after graduating high school, my high school basketball coach called and told me a teammate, one of my best friends, and his girlfriend had been killed in a truck/semi accident on the interstate. It hit me like a knife in the gut, and I still think about it at least once everyday over 20 years on. It's hard. Hang in there, you're stronger than you think and you have more friends on your side than you realize. I'm sorry to hear of your loss, you folks will be in my thoughts and prayers tonight.

Tom

I am sorry for your loss

I dont post here, but i do come to read from time to time.

I seen this post and i can tell you that my daughter who is 14 is going through alot due to her best friend since preschool passed away at the age of 14 only 6 weeks ago. She had a blood vessel rupture in her brain. She woke up with head and neck pain and in 12 hours time she had surgery on her brain and then died. My daughter Gabby is not doing well at all. She is depressed and is finding it hard to understand. She forgets that she has passed and tries to call her.

I found a support group for her to go for people who are grieving. Amanda had a twin, Kendra aswell and she is not in a very good place. So Amanda's mom, Kendra, my daughter and I all went to the support group. The girls liked it alot and found it comforting to know that they are not the only ones who are going through such a terrible time.

At the age of 14 your friends are your whole world, along with your family.

I hope your son will find his way through this terrible loss. You sound like a great mom so he should have an easier time with your help.

Anna

I'm sorry your son is having such a hard time.
    Your daughter too Anna.
    It is alot for children to take on.
    Counseling is a good thing.
    Shava's sis I'm so sorry for you honey.

(((HUGS))) for all of you.

May God be with you in your time of sorrow.

Big hug to you and your family.

We all experience this sorrow sooner or later. My oldest son's best friend commited suicide one year ago. He was 26. In '05 both of my son's were out togedher and my younger son's friend was stabbed in front of them. He was 18. My younger (he is the one with sci) ended up driving his friend to the hospital, while my older was sitting in the back seat , desperately trying to save this kids life. No luck he passed away. Really messed my kids up mentally.

I have no real advice to give, just be there for your child and listen and comfort them and if need be seek grief councelling.
    My mouth is like a magician's hat, never know what might come out of it.