Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: When cops "attack" your female friend.

Quote Originally Posted by metronycguy
    i still dont think it is proper police procedure to put a suspect in the front seat of the patrol car with the state trooper. .
    It is in many areas, for a lot of the reasons listed in this thread. My story of making the cops nervous...3 rather partied out, rather shady looking mid-20's punks barreling though Alabama in a brand new Lincoln Town Car. I wearily noticed that the cops were coming up fast behind me and threw out the anchor. After stopping, the trooper asks me what the cruise control was set at to which I reply..."how fast do you think I was going?" At that point he looked around the car, saw some guy passed out in the back seat, saw the guy in the passenger seat looking like he was tripping on acid for the past week...guess who got invited to chat with the trooper in his car? After yakking it up with him I got a warning for going 85 in a 55, and we merrily parted our ways (we talked shop a bit about my previous career involvements so I guess that's how I got the warning for 30 over). I guess this trooper was low man on the totem pole, something like an 8 year old Crown Vic with like 200K on the clock, I was amazed that car was still in service. Ok, enough story telling...

that would not fly in ny, especially the flirting part, the cop would be on modified duty as soon as it got out. many times a leo can get a courtesy and not get a moving violation , but i betcha if the leo was in the passenger seat , he would not stand for his wife ,gf of friend being hit on and flirted with by a cop doing a traffic stop.
    in this area you will only see a person put in the back seat and even then handcuffed, they find a way to get to the front seat and steal the cop car.
    when the leo is asking you do you know how fast you were going or what your cruise control was set to, they are not making idle conversation, they are looking for a admission of guilt and as far as the cruise control a premeditated conscious action to break the law. all these answers will be brought up in court,if you try and fight the ticket. i guess ny'ers are more vocal about police abuse of power and into the 4th amendment. Still that putting a women in the front seat and flirting , no way jose
    cauda equina

I woulda busted that cop in the jaw with my leg bag cuz i'm fat and sassy.

Its like when a cop pulled me over and was watching me cath, and asked if i needed assistance i was like hm...ur freaking me out, then he was like, hurry up. Well thats kind of not related at all to this thread but what i'm trying to say is,

again, leg bag to the jaw.

Heres me being a cat, leg bagging the cop to the jaw.
    Last edited by mr_coffee; 03-19-2007 at 08:42 PM.
    Injured:10-16-04
    C7/C8, T1 incomplete;

For stalkers convenience:
    Blog:
    http://www.ordealsonwheels.com/
    Facebook:
    http://www.facebook.com/#!/coryssanchez
    Progress:
    http://photobucket.com/albums/b290/swooty/
    My drawings:
    http://kanvases.com/sites/corysanchez/home

Why is it assumed that he was "flirting" with her just because she came back smiling? If he would have been Mr. "just the facts" he would have been critized as well.

Asking questions is an abuse of power? WOW! The police are supposed to investigate crimes on all levels. A violation of the 4th ammendment? Better brush up on Miranda, thats a serious accusation

Not al Ny'ers are like that nyguy. Some have actually taken responsibility for their actions.

Come'on coffee, he probably had no idea what cathing entails. How much did you know about it before being introduced to the world of SCI? And then you complain because he offered to help. At least he offered to help in some way I'm sure he felt awkward, ESPECIALLY if he knew what cathing was all about.

Dave
    Dave

mr coffee has the best advice yet! leg bag to jaw!
    cauda equina

Quote Originally Posted by Herco16
    Why is it assumed that he was "flirting" with her just because she came back smiling? If he would have been Mr. "just the facts" he would have been critized as well.

Asking questions is an abuse of power? WOW! The police are supposed to investigate crimes on all levels. A violation of the 4th ammendment? Better brush up on Miranda, thats a serious accusation

Not al Ny'ers are like that nyguy. Some have actually taken responsibility for their actions.

Come'on coffee, he probably had no idea what cathing entails. How much did you know about it before being introduced to the world of SCI? And then you complain because he offered to help. At least he offered to help in some way I'm sure he felt awkward, ESPECIALLY if he knew what cathing was all about.

Dave
    As a former NYer I'm here to say that I never even considered "mouthing off" to a cop until I moved out here.

Mr. Reloading powder, you're 100% right on this one &

Mike, a little overinvested in your position in the thread? I'm asking having been there.
    "The world will not perish for want of wonders but for want of wonder."
    J.B.S.Haldane

herco the original poster said the cop was heavily flirting with her, as far as i am concerned that is a abuse of power, and deserves a leg bag in the kisser! no guy should have to sit by and listen to a cop flirt with their friend.
    if he was more professional, we wouldn't be discussing this.
    as far as 4th amendment, i was referring to dark eyed Daisy comment about the cop asking questions and if they didn't get the right answers that would be a cause to search the vehicle, which it is not. Maybe only us NY 'er learn to say no to unreasonable searches of our person and vehicle.
    cauda equina

Its not an "unreasonable search" once enough PC is established. Be it through occupant statements or Officer observations once PC is established, its a very REASONABLE search. Just because an occupant doesn't "take the fifth" doesn't mean an officer is abusing his power.

Lets not forget, he was not there and only perceived/assumed the flirtation.

Dave
    Dave

hah i know Herco i jsut wanted to say leg bag to the jaw, and post that picture so my story worked in well.
    Injured:10-16-04
    C7/C8, T1 incomplete;

For stalkers convenience:
    Blog:
    http://www.ordealsonwheels.com/
    Facebook:
    http://www.facebook.com/#!/coryssanchez
    Progress:
    http://photobucket.com/albums/b290/swooty/
    My drawings:
    http://kanvases.com/sites/corysanchez/home

Quote Originally Posted by metronycguy
    i was referring to dark eyed Daisy comment about the cop asking questions and if they didn't get the right answers that would be a cause to search the vehicle,
    This is what I said:
    Quote Originally Posted by darkeyed_daisy
    They do ask questions (especially on a known drug trafficing route) and if you dont answer you may inadvertantly give them probable cause to search you and your vehicle.
    Most times if a person is nervous, the cop is going to keep on until the person trips himself up in his answers...

If a cop cant ask questions...how can they properly do their job? Metro you are kind of blowing this topic out of proportion. I dont have a problem answering questions asked by a highway patrolman but then again I dont have anything to hide.

BTW...have you got alot of traffic citations? With your attitude I can understand where you might have problems with law enforcement. There are bad cops but I dont feel that the majority of them are out to get you.
    T12-L2; Burst fracture L1: Incomplete walking with AFO's and cane since 1989

My goal in life is to be as good of a person my dog already thinks I am. ~Author Unknown