Thread: Activity-Based Restorative Therapy Conference

Activity-Based Restorative Therapy Conference

There was apparently a conference held in Boston in October 2006.
    I got this in an email today, and haven't had a chance to look at it, but I thought I'd post it here for anyone interested.

http://www.bmc.org/rehab/conference.htm

I also got the same e-mail and spent a few minutes reviewing the video of the conference. Without being an expert, it appeared to me as if they were saying activity based recovery was a very legitimate therapy and that they were making recommendations on how best to implement activity based recovery therapy.

Anyone else have thoughts on this? Or maybe this is once again a proverbial "can of worms"?
    Last edited by BigBearJoe; 03-15-2007 at 11:18 PM.

Activity-based therapy is great but it's not enough.

When I got hurt I had a laminectomy, methylprednisolone, standard rehab. 6 months later I had suspended treadmill ambulation therapy. That all combined to make me a walking quad, but I'm FAR from cured.

We'll need something more treatment-wise for that. Until then activity-based therapy is what we have and it's good stuff.

Just my .02.

Quote Originally Posted by betheny
    Activity-based therapy is great but it's not enough.

When I got hurt I had a laminectomy, methylprednisolone, standard rehab. 6 months later I had suspended treadmill ambulation therapy. That all combined to make me a walking quad, but I'm FAR from cured.

We'll need something more treatment-wise for that. Until then activity-based therapy is what we have and it's good stuff.

Just my .02.
    Betheny,
    The topics were in connection with restorative therapy. The Evolution of Clinical Trials..Making the decision to participate in research..State of stem cell research.

Advocacy..and political ACTIVITIES.

Looks like it was a good get together.
    Life isn't about getting thru the storm but learning to dance in the rain.