Thread: tingling/falling asleep

tingling/falling asleep

Lately I have had a tingling feeling occur in my back. It is not always in the same place, sometimes it is the lower left, sometimes upper right, at this moment it is the upper left. It happens when I am sitting and sometimes it lasts longer than others and sometimes it isn't there at all. I guess its more of a buzz feeling than anything sometimes it can be compared to the feeling of hitting your funny bone. It doesnt happen when I lay down. Because this is a new thing I am wondering why and what it is. The only thing I can link it to is they changed my backrest and cushion but what is the explanation and should I be concerned? This feeling is really driving me up the wall because it does happen frequently....it is now in lower left.

Are you on any new meds? How long has this been going on? Have you mentioned it to your physician?

(KLD)

Its been going on a couple of mounths...since around the time they changed my seating. I havent had a chance to talk to the doc about it, I don't see him till May. No change in meds.

It could be related to your change in seating. You need to ask your doctor about checking you for root or cord compression from posture. Do you have scoliosis?

(KLD)

I think I have slight. I am going for an xray in the next couple of weeks where they are doing full length so the doctor can determine how bad it is.