Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789

Thread: Does Nerve Pain dimininish with time?

discouraging news, but the book i just read (The Pain Chronicles) cites evidence it gets worse. neural pathways get rewired and brain pain receptors grow.

sometimes, or it changes to another kind of sensation. or gets worse, or comes and goes.

Quote Originally Posted by cass View Post
    discouraging news, but the book i just read (The Pain Chronicles) cites evidence it gets worse. neural pathways get rewired and brain pain receptors grow.

Today, I read a review of this book and ordered it from Amazon. Thanks for bring it to the attention of us people here in the forum. Patty

Same here, just ordered it - can't actually say I'm looking forward to reading about pain, as having it seems bad enough. But Cass's strong recommendation and the reviews on Amazon convinced me to get the book (the Search Inside pages at Amazon really hit home, too).

For me, as for so many others here, neuropathic pain has not improved over time and I no longer expect it to. There are days when it's not the main focus, but it's always there and it does organize life and pretty much dictates its own patterns. I've often thought how ironic it is that you can be totally numb, except for the capacity to feel pain.

Since I was 16 from my own experience with a broken neck is pain never dimishes
    It is a dull thud awfull lingering pain that usually elevates from my pain scale 7- 10
    My pain level starts at 8 then goes up to over the 10 level when ever it wants usually . It is something I wouldnt wish on my worst enemy . I've lived in chronic pain for well over 30 years and there is really nothing that helps my pain .

Daily I use Tens units especially on my legs and arms to help distract my mind off my chronic pain in all my 4 limbs .

I think positive and medditate alot sometimes falling asleep which is good imop

Basically I dont know what to say about this post as everyone has their own pain situations ., and how they all deal with their pain or health problems .

All we can do is offer eachother kind support
    Topics like this are deep and interesting as I like reading peoples replies .

Keep smiling
    Gypsylady