Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hello

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Hello

Hello everyone,
    My name is Shana I'm new to this group. I have Tm and I've had it for 7 months now... It was an acute onset I just woke up on day and 4hrs later I was paralized from my chest down. I'm 26 and I have two children a 1yr old girl and a 6yr old boy.. My son has been wonderful at ajusting to this I couldn't ask god for a better child.. I know in many ways I'am very blessed and I know I will over come this.. I have been researching TM since I've been out of the hospital and right now I'm trying to get IVIG treatment. I would love any advice or any info that any one can give me... expecially if anyone has had IVIG... I also want to thank Anty for telling me about this group Thanks again... Can't wait to hear from you...
    It is not how we fall that defines us..
    It is how we rise.

Shana,
    this was posted earlier from another member.
    http://sci.rutgers.edu/forum/showthread.php?t=78496

Welcome to care cure SHANA

Hugs to you I know that you will fight TM. anty
    Be always determined in Life and Love

Hi Shana,
    I wrote the above message about my son.
    He received IVIG on the hospital early on because they thought he might have had guilian barre syndrome. I don't really know anything about it in regard to TM. What treatment /rehab have you had/ Have you had any recovery? Were ther ny lesions on you r MRI? There were none on my son's regular MRI and all other tests were negative. I hope yopu are having physical therapy. nancy
    you're in prayers tonight.

Nancy how many MRI'S did your son have? My leison did not show up until my 3rd MRI. I have TM they were not sure until the last MRI. ANTY

Hi nancy and anty
    I have some return but only touch.. I can feel when you touch me from the chest down but its like tingleing feelings. I cant move my legs at all.. some bowl control and I also cathe myself..the first mri showed nothing but the second showed alot they say it on my t-9 area. All my test were neg to. I go to therapy 2 times a week
    It is how we rise.

Is anyone there?
    It is how we rise.

HI ANTY,
    My son has had four MRIs but the third one was some kind of specialized one that was of only the the thorasic area inparticular T5/T6 and very small slices. Our pediatric nuero is from Columbisa University and New york Hospital as well as schneiders childrens hospital here on long island, He sent it all over Ny to other MDs. Still no conclusive answer from any one UNtill we went to see Dr. Kerr at Hopkins. He felt that based on that particular MRI that it was clear to him that Brian suffered a Fibrocartilagenous embolism to the spine. He said that it is often misdiagnosed as TM. the fourth MRI he had was a regular one and it was completely normal like the first two. No lesions were ever found. All other tests were negative. Take care, NAncy

Hi shana I'm a slow typer! didn't mean to leave you out! What did they see on the MRI? take care Nancy

I wish your son the best nancy. I went to DR. KERR he is great. anty