Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Ness L300: FES walking aid

My self and a couple other therapist are going to receive training on the unit the first of May. I wil let you know how it goes.
    Wildwilly
    “As the cast of villains in SCI is vast and collaborative, so too must be the chorus of hero's that rise to meet them” Ramer et al 2005

Quote Originally Posted by Mike C
    Dave, facilities in CO are located here.
    Thanks Mike. Wouldn't I have felt silly flying all the way to the east coast when there is one right in my back yard (literally). lol

One thing though... at the top of the web page listing the locations, it says that they are facilities using the H200, a different device. Any idea if this means they are also authorized/trained for the L300?

I have an email in with Bioness for them to contact me. Hoping to hear from them on Monday - I'll let you all know what kind of info I'm able to get from them.

-dave

*** c4/c5 incomplete *** Injured in Summer 2003 ***

The H200 is hand device, the other is for the leg. They require that facilities have each dievice on site and individuals trained.

Wildwilly
    “As the cast of villains in SCI is vast and collaborative, so too must be the chorus of hero's that rise to meet them” Ramer et al 2005

Awesome thanks for the info!

My grandma agree'ed to pay for it if I needed it, I love grandma's, I wish insurance companies were as nice.

I don't know when I am going to have time to go to maryland but i'm for sure making the trip.

Wildwilly, how long can you wear one of those things? For instance if I put a e-stim on longer than 30 mins i'm going to be burning up.
    Injured:10-16-04
    C7/C8, T1 incomplete;

For stalkers convenience:
    Blog:
    http://www.ordealsonwheels.com/
    Facebook:
    http://www.facebook.com/#!/coryssanchez
    Progress:
    http://photobucket.com/albums/b290/swooty/
    My drawings:
    http://kanvases.com/sites/corysanchez/home

Quote Originally Posted by wildwilly
    The H200 is hand device, the other is for the leg. They require that facilities have each dievice on site and individuals trained.

Wildwilly
    Awesome! There is a hospital on their list that is about 4 blocks from my house. I may just get to try this baby out in the next couple days. Stay tuned.

I'm waiting to hear from them too. I had contacted them over a year ago and they didn't have fda approval. Now all I have to do is find out if they are going to have someone available in NY. This will help with the foot drop I have, or so it looks from the DVD they sent me. Can't wait !!!

allhavel, you´ll have to take a trip into the city.

http://www.bioness.com/patients/find...&CurrentPage=1
    "So I have stayed as I am, without regret, seperated from the normal human condition." Guy Sajer

No, I see one closer, and have been there, St. Charles, but I thought they only had the 200, than again, that was when the 300 was not approved. I'll have to call them tomarrow, and see what's up. The're only 40 min. away, and where I go to the Doctor. What I liked about it is, the ability to sense the conture of the ground you walk on, then again, I live on a hill, with no flat ground, and no pavement. I'd be the perfect patiant. I can always torture test it on the beach.

Mr. Coffee, I'm not sure what the duration would be but I would assume similar to an AFO if it is going to be a functional neuroprosthetic. I do not know the specifics of this unit yet but again I would assume that it has the ability to measure muscle fatigue and variations in tissue impedance (a form of resistance). I know that in another thread you said you were experiencing burns. I have a couple of questions; what type of e-stim unit do you use? do you have the unit set on AC current? what size pads are you using? are you shaving your legs? All of these can change/effect the current intensity/density and or impedance. Anyway I hope the assumptions do not come back to haunt me. I will let you know the details after the training.
    Wildwilly

Well I am scheduled for an eval the week after next at a facility in my neck of the woods. I will keep you all posted on the outcome.

A few pieces of info that I got from the Bioness rep over the phone that may be of use to anyone else thinking about giving it a shot:

1. the device goes for $5900. However you can rent it for $500/month. If you decide you want it, the rental fees paid are applied towards the remaining balance

2. If you do rent or buy it, you are required to go to 6 follow-up visits at the facility issueing the device

3. The Bioness rep told me that Medicare will not touch this with a 10 foot pole however, the woman I spoke with at the facility said that Medicare will pick up 80% and then attempt to bill the remaining 20% to my Medicare replacement plan (Humana Choice PPO). Not sure who is giving more accurate info but it sounds like there is at least a chance of getting a little help from insurance.

4. You need a referal/Rx for PT from your doc in order to get an eval.

Mr. Coffee, I asked the rep your question about how long the device can be worn at a time before the e-stim becomes too much. She claims that it is intended to be worn all day - no limitations on duration...