I will share yet another of my contributions to ESCR,.......

Features Under The Microscope

God, Test Tubes, and Stem Cells

By Sophia Kirschenman

The question of using embryonic stem cells—cells harvested from in vitro fertilization procedures—has become a highly polarized argument. For some, like Fallone, stem cell research is a promising endeavor and a potentially revolutionary scientific breakthrough. But for others, it represents a tampering with human life, and is not worth the costs. Essentially, the argument rests on the question of whether stem cell research is a moral, religious or scientific issue.

Faye Armitage, media spokesperson for Cure Paralysis Now, an advocacy group dedicated to promoting paralysis treatment, saw her son Jason paralyzed during a soccer game nine years ago. Jason was seven when he collided with another player and subsequently lost his ability to walk. Armitage believes that embryonic stem cell research (ESCR) will someday be used to find a way to help him walk.

“I can’t wait to see Jason walk again,” Armitage said in an interview with City on a Hill Press.

Armitage disputes the belief that using embryos for research is morally wrong—in fact she maintains that advancing the research is a moral obligation.

“Embryonic stem cells continue to be discarded by the thousands every single day. Is it more moral to let these cells go to waste than to recycle them for life-saving research?” Armitage said. “In my opinion there is no human life lost while pursuing stem cell research. We are simply recycling already discarded cells, which were never implanted in the womb.”

http://cityonahillpress.com/article.php?id=435