Page 1 of 11 12345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: When in DC: Save the Babies by advocating ESCR to your Legislators

Arrow When in DC: Save the Babies by advocating ESCR to your Legislators

Don't be complicit in the unneccessay deaths of paralyzed babies.

Kerr can save the SMA babies with ESC's

All he needs is 10 good ESC lines. Read the article:
    http://biology.plosjournals.org/perl...l.pbio.0050032

You will be complicit in the unnecessary deaths of these babies if you remain silent about ESCR to the anti-ESCR legislators.

You will be enabling these unnecessary deaths by not fighting for ESCR when you are face to face with them!!!

"There’s far too much unthinking respect given to authority,” Molly Ivins explained; “What you need is sustained outrage.”
    Kerr, Keirstead, McDonald, Stice and Jun Yan courageously work on ESCR to Cure SCI.

Divisiveness comes from not following Christopher Reeve's ESCR lead.
    Young does ASCR.
    [I]I do not tear down CRPA, I ONLY make peopl

Thumbs down Offensive

I find this post telling people that they will be
    Faye:You will be complicit in the unnecessary deaths of these babies if you remain silent about ESCR to the anti-ESCR legislators.

You will be enabling these unnecessary deaths by not fighting for ESCR when you are face to face with them!!!
    How much more offensive can you get Faye? How do you like it when others say you are Killing Babies?

You just lost me with your mud slinging, in your face negative tactics.

And please, don't even pretend to "know" what and how I advocate.
    Every day I wake up is a good one

Cheese, you and I both know that when the anti-ESCR crowd calls pro-ESCR people baby killers, they are talking about symbolic babies.

But when Pro-ESCR people do not speak up to anti-ESCR legislators they definitely are complicit in the early demise and deaths of REAL sma babies, especially knowing how close one scientists is to having an ESC curative treatment ready.

AND you are right it IS pretty offensive to not work to save these sma babies, when the technology itself can even be used to cure SCI.

It is enabling the anti-ESCR legislators to stay with their anti-ESCR position.......

"wheelers came through my office and they didn't even ask for more federal funding of ESCR"

"So I guess it's not that important to them after all...."
    Last edited by Faye; 03-01-2007 at 12:07 PM.

"There’s far too much unthinking respect given to authority,” Molly Ivins explained; “What you need is sustained outrage.”
    Kerr, Keirstead, McDonald, Stice and Jun Yan courageously work on ESCR to Cure SCI.

Young does ASCR.

Thumbs down imagine telling them that you wouldn't do everything in your power to save them......

America today is full of blind men and Lazaruses, millions of whom stand to benefit from stem-cell research. Let me paint these people as characters in modern-day parables.

After a tragic car accident, Stephen is paralyzed from the neck down, unable to move any muscle in his body except for his face, eyes and mouth. He gasps out his words, since the ventilator on which he depends only gives him 14 breaths per minute.

Debbie has just been diagnosed with adult diabetes. During college, Debbie struggled through the untimely death of her father, who also had diabetes. Now she wonders if she, too, will die at the age of 50, never able to know her grandchildren.

Susan is in her final months of a five-year battle with Lou Gehrig's disease. Except it hasn't been a battle. Facing a degenerative disease with no cure, Susan knew from the minute she received her diagnosis that she had no hope. She lost movement first in her legs, then in her arms. Now, Susan cannot speak. She will die soon.

Each new day with Parkinson's disease stiffens Peter's body. His hands tremble, his muscles twitch and his legs lock, so he can no longer toss a football with his grandson. He can barely claw his way out of bed in the morning.

Stephen, Debbie, Susan and Peter, along with cancer patients, multiple sclerosis patients and others, are the blind men and women and the Lazaruses of today. In stem-cell research, we have a tool to heal these people. And yet we risk turning our backs on them.
    I think that all of us -- ordinary Americans, legislators and you, Mr. President -- might learn from a simple exercise: Read the stories above but replace Stephen, Debbie, Susan and Peter with the names of the four people in your life that you most love. And then imagine telling those people that you wouldn't do everything in your power to save them.
    http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/07035/759002-109.stm

Young does ASCR.

I also found this offensive. I think theer are other, better ways to frame your argument. If you must fall back on the old killing babys scenarios, you have allready lost the argument. I know you are a mom and you want the best for your child. So do I but alienating the rest of the world from your position because of the way you frame your argument is not helpful.

I will be complicit in keeping us all in these chairs if I try to fight for ESC research when I meet with Senator Tom Coburn, unfortunately. I don't think that makes me complicit in the death of SMA babies. He may be, but apparently that is okay with him.

Same old thing, year after year. Everybody should always advocate as they believe to be best.

Offensive As Can Be

This is vile. RUDE.

On top of that suspiciously seasonal.
    1FineSpineRN

Quote Originally Posted by Duramater
    This is vile. RUDE.

On top of that suspiciously seasonal.
    It is vile and rude NOT to advocate for ESCR, and giving the impression that it's alright with you that they oppose ESCR.

Certainly is seasonal, with the Stem Cell Research Enhancement Act up for a vote in the Senate next week.

Young does ASCR.

That is funny Faye, that you would think that me seeing YOUR choice of posting tactics as vile and rude, would somehow give ANYONE of any importance in my world the impression that I do not advocate for stem cell research. Not only do my legislators know what I request of them, locally and further on up, but so do my employers and employees. My family is aware and so are most of my friends, even the ones that think I am a baby killer.

Don't think I am going to like you calling me one too because I am supportive of others developing their ability to speak up for themselves no matter what they choose to believe. I am still proud to be an American who embraces freedom of speech and the right to believe in whatever one chooses to believe.

I am going to be in DC in APRIL for the W2W Rally supporting the participants. It is their time to shine in the way THEY deem fit for themselves. SCREA has nothing to do with that.
    1FineSpineRN

Save the babies! Free the stem cells! Cure SCI/D.
    Daniel