Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Project Walk on PBS in Los Angeles

Project Walk on PBS in Los Angeles

Project Walk will have a feature on KCET, a Los Angeles PBS affiliate available in Orange, Los Angeles, and Ventura Counties. We will be on their show “Life & Times” at 6:30 p.m. on Tuesday, January 30th. If you are not in these areas or are unable to receive KCET click herehttp://www.kcet.org/lifeandtimes/ for the webcast on Wednesday. We will also have the feature on our website, www.projectwalk.org, within the next week.

If you have any questions or trouble accessing the story please contact Marianna Ochoa, Marketing/Development Director for Project Walk, at marianna@projectwalk.org.

Eric Harness, CSCS
    Founder/President
    Neuro Ex, Inc
    Adaptive Performance and Neuro Recovery

Here is the link to the story.

http://www.kcet.org/lifeandtimes/pop...th-projectwalk

You need Real Player to view.

Eric Harness, CSCS
    Founder/President
    Neuro Ex, Inc

This story reaired tonight.

It can still be viewed at the link on our site.

Eric Harness, CSCS
    Founder/President
    Neuro Ex, Inc

Thumbs down

Everyone is quick to jump onto the Project Walk band wagon. Remember, this organization has no scientific background. Cash gets you in the door, but your wheelchair gets you out of the door. Sometimes its good to listen to a physical therapist and physician, after all they have an education in neuro anatomy and neuro physiology.

Quote Originally Posted by lyfconcepts
    Everyone is quick to jump onto the Project Walk band wagon. Remember, this organization has no scientific background. Cash gets you in the door, but your wheelchair gets you out of the door. Sometimes its good to listen to a physical therapist and physician, after all they have an education in neuro anatomy and neuro physiology.
    So, which are you? Or, maybe you have a spinal cord injury. In any case, what advice would you give to somebody with SCI who was intent on testing the limits of their own recovery?

Do you disagree with the concept of exercise-based recovery?
    Do you disagree with the concept of exercise-based health?
    Do you know anybody that has been to Project Walk? Have you?

BTW – I went to one of the so-called “model” SCI centers for the standard 60 day program, which was largely based on compensation (as opposed to recovery). Insurance (money) got me in the door, and I left in a wheelchair.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick1
    BTW – I went to one of the so-called “model” SCI centers for the standard 60 day program, which was largely based on compensation (as opposed to recovery). Insurance (money) got me in the door, and I left in a wheelchair.
    Amen to that, Rick1
    Cathy J

Quote Originally Posted by lyfconcepts
    Ugh, another one of these discussions.

Dinosaur alert!
    -------7-23-04----------
    C5/6- Workin' on Recovery
    www.darrentempleton.com
    www.pushtowalknj.org

From his/her other posts appears to be a PT.

We will be publishing a paper soon documenting results over a 6 month period on 20 of our clients and 9 controls.

Attached a .PDF with the details of the study.

Quick to jump on the bandwagon?? We have been doing this for 8 years...

Eric Harness, CSCS
    Founder/President
    Neuro Ex, Inc

lyfconcepts

Have you even looked at our website? You seem pretty quick to jump on Project Walk here after just joining this forum yesterday.

Edit:

Just Googled "lyf concepts" this is what I get: http://www.lyfconcepts.com/index.html
    Would that happen to be your business? If so, are we your competition seeing as you are in North Orange County?

Eric Harness, CSCS
    Founder/President
    Neuro Ex, Inc

I don't want to get into a heated discussion with someone who knows less than I do on many different levels. I have had patients and still have patients that attend your facility, and facilities like yours. I pride myself on not only understanding the neurophysiology of spinal injuries, but also understanding the potential for neural recovery. Everyone is free to spend their money as they please. But, how many hospital based facilities charge cash to attend. And... having only a bachelors degree and CSCS, I'd love to see the research that you put together. I have more experience than your facility has been in operation, and work with some of the best in the business who combine to have nearly 100 years of total experience. Sure exercise models are great, but people have to learn how to transfer too, don't they?