Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: It's Broken!!!!! AAACCCKKKK

It's Broken!!!!! AAACCCKKKK

The goods news is that I don't have DVT, gout or cellulitis.

I just got a call to come back to the hospital. A second look at my xrays shows non-displaced FXs of the L femur and tibia.

Don't know how long I'll be in the hosp. I just can't manage at home alone with my leg straight out in front of me. Last time (other leg) I was in the hospital for a week and then they created a hinged cast that I could use to still live a life.
    My blog: Living Life at Butt Level

Ignite Phoenix #9 - Wheelchairs and Wisdom: Living Life at Butt Level

"I will not die an unlived life. I will not live in fear of falling or catching fire. I choose to inhabit my days, to allow my living to open me, to make me less afraid, more accessible, to loosen my heart until it becomes a wing, a torch, a promise. I choose to risk my significance; to live so that which comes to me as seed goes to the next as blossom and that which comes to me as blossom, goes on as fruit."

Dawna Markova Author of Open Mind.

Good luck, get well

JEN,
    I'm so sorry to hear that. I'll be thinking about you and hope you get out of there soon.
    Rose
    http://www.myspace.com/roseoremus
    C6/C7 Complete, Asia A, since March 31, 2005.

That sucks! I hope you are well soon!

At least now you know whats wrong. How did you hurt yourself, if you don't mind me asking? It could be worse, you could have a broken heart.

Crapola - it's your time on the bad luck train, apparently!

Hope you get better soon. Drink Milk? It does a body good? lol
    "We accept the love we think we deserve." -- The Perks of Being a Wallflower

"Some things in life cannot be fixed. They can only be carried." -- Tim Lawrence

"and Ziggy played guitar!" -- David Bowie

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

Sorry you're in the hospital, that you broke your leg.

Heal well and fast.

**Hugs**

Oh hon!! Apparently the bad luck curse left our house and descended upon yours! OK, now I really do need to know how to send you flowers. PM me?
    Wife of Chad (C4/5 since 1988), mom of a great teenager

YIKES! Mend quick!
    Get involved in politics as if your life depended on it, because it does. -- Justin Dart

I shall not tolerate ignorance or hate speech on this site.

Spent all night in the ER and they had no clue how to deal with me. Kept asking "on a scale of 1 -10, how bad does it hurt?" One genius decided that "since this is an ongoing issue for you and since you're not walking anyway..."

Betcha know the punch line already. (best Ben Stein voice) Any one? Any one?

"Perhaps it's time to consider amputation. It will make your life easier in the long run."

Dr. Genius was pale and shaking when I was through with him...

Actually, as this is sinking in, I am becoming dangerously depressed. I can't work next week and it's a sweet short-term gig that I've trully been enjoying.

I also just got knocked out of my research study. I was supposed to start walking next month in the lab. I've been active in these FES studies since last June trying to get to this place. I'm a complete injury and I have dreamed about this for so long and overcome many hurtles in the lab to get this close and stop.

Have no idea what caused this fx, so I don't know how to prevent it in the future. Have my bones gotten so soft that I can't stand anymore? IN spite of all the work I've done in the past 1.5 year to strengthen them?

As the implications of this new fracture sink in, I find myself sinking into a major funk.
    My blog: Living Life at Butt Level

Ignite Phoenix #9 - Wheelchairs and Wisdom: Living Life at Butt Level

"I will not die an unlived life. I will not live in fear of falling or catching fire. I choose to inhabit my days, to allow my living to open me, to make me less afraid, more accessible, to loosen my heart until it becomes a wing, a torch, a promise. I choose to risk my significance; to live so that which comes to me as seed goes to the next as blossom and that which comes to me as blossom, goes on as fruit."

Dawna Markova Author of Open Mind.