Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 104

Thread: When in DC: Save the Babies by advocating ESCR to your Legislators

  1. #71
    Quote Originally Posted by spidergirl
    I have already spoken to Steven. There's no need too. Bills can get changed and reworded and things can sometimes not follow through. Thats just life in general. There will always be shadeballs no matter what against everything. You can argue with someone which fricken OJ is better. And i dont mean the killer, I mean the juice.

    Cheryl, you need to understand how appropriations (Federal Funding mandates) bills work and you clearly do not.

    Changes to bills are part of the public record.

    All government bills can be accessed and read by the public.

  2. #72
    Banned Faye's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Jacksonville, FL
    Posts
    6,839
    Quote Originally Posted by antiquity
    Yes sweetie, you are right. This isn't about who's right or wrong, it's about the truth and facts are facts. The FACT is that Wise authored a bill that would require NJ to fund ESCR using state funds.

    The FACT is that Wise has testified before Congress in support of ESCR.

    These aren't my words, these are facts. Please verify this yourself.
    Wise authored the ONLY state ESCR bill that funds primarily ASCR, duh.....

    Yes, he has testified in NJ for ESCR, you don't think that looks good on his resume?

    There are no scientists against ESCR, but there are scientists who work both sides: use the ESCR bandwagon to get more ASCR funding.

    "There’s far too much unthinking respect given to authority,” Molly Ivins explained; “What you need is sustained outrage.”
    Kerr, Keirstead, McDonald, Stice and Jun Yan courageously work on ESCR to Cure SCI.

    Divisiveness comes from not following Christopher Reeve's ESCR lead.
    Young does ASCR.
    [I]I do not tear down CRPA, I ONLY make peopl

  3. #73
    Banned Faye's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Jacksonville, FL
    Posts
    6,839
    Quote Originally Posted by leschinsky
    "to detour from SCREA." You can keep pretending it won't so that you don't appear to be a hypocrite for trashing others for seeking the attainable but we all see it.
    Les, a Pro-ESCR person supporting a Pro-ESCR bill is NEVER a hypocrit.

    A Pro-ESCR person who supports an ASCR bill or who remains silent about the ESCR bill IS a hypocrit.

    Faily simple.

    The Stem Cell Research Enhancement Act is not the only ESCR bill:

    Both Hr 3 AND S362 support federal funding of hundreds of good ESC lines.

    "There’s far too much unthinking respect given to authority,” Molly Ivins explained; “What you need is sustained outrage.”
    Kerr, Keirstead, McDonald, Stice and Jun Yan courageously work on ESCR to Cure SCI.

    Divisiveness comes from not following Christopher Reeve's ESCR lead.
    Young does ASCR.
    [I]I do not tear down CRPA, I ONLY make peopl

  4. #74
    Senior Member spidergirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Hollywood, CA
    Posts
    1,049
    Quote Originally Posted by antiquity
    Cheryl, you need to understand how appropriations (Federal Funding mandates) bills work and you clearly do not.

    Changes to bills are part of the public record.

    All government bills can be accessed and read by the public.
    Yes, your right. I have a lot too learn. I am not disputing that. Man I aced politics in college..... Do I gotta go back to school again??? LOL - I thought I already did that.

    Antiquity,

    oulandish accusations are being made and they are not coming from Faye, I will tell you that right now. I don't know what too believe I really don't. Personally, who can you trust in this world now a days besides your own family if even at that? One thing is for sure, no matter what we all say or do or however which way we gotta get there, we need to get out of these chairs. These are death sentences that have been given too innocent victims. At the end of the day, no matter what we can say and do too eachother we are all rockin' in the same boat. This is a huge mess.

  5. #75
    Quote Originally Posted by Faye
    Wise authored the ONLY state ESCR bill that funds primarily ASCR, duh.....
    It was never an ESCR only bill. It was a stem cell bill that included funding for ESCR. Wise is one of the people responsible for the bills ESCR language.


    Yes, he has testified in NJ for ESCR, you don't think that looks good on his resume?
    LOL, Wise testified for ESCR because he's an ESCR advocate. Same reason McDonald has testified for ESCR. They certainly could have stayed home that day and their reputations wouldn't have suffered from it.


    There are no scientists against ESCR, but there are scientists who work both sides:
    Wrong. Dr. Peduzzi for one doesn't support ESCR.

    use the ESCR bandwagon to get more ASCR funding.
    That makes absolutely no sense Faye.

    An ASC researcher would not need ESC to get more ASC funding. The government already freely funds ASC.

  6. #76
    Banned Faye's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Jacksonville, FL
    Posts
    6,839
    Quote Originally Posted by antiquity
    Quote:
    use the ESCR bandwagon to get more ASCR funding.

    That makes absolutely no sense Faye.

    An ASC researcher would not need ESC to get more ASC funding. The government already freely funds ASC.
    Thank You!

    That's exactly what I've been trying to say........we don't NEED to fund ASCR, it already is funded plenty by the NIH!

    So you make my point again: what the f*** is NJ doing funding ASCR from a bill that was supposed to fund the ESCR which the NIH doesn't fund.

    AND who's benefiting from the additional ASCR funding out of this bill?
    Last edited by Faye; 03-04-2007 at 09:23 PM.

    "There’s far too much unthinking respect given to authority,” Molly Ivins explained; “What you need is sustained outrage.”
    Kerr, Keirstead, McDonald, Stice and Jun Yan courageously work on ESCR to Cure SCI.

    Divisiveness comes from not following Christopher Reeve's ESCR lead.
    Young does ASCR.
    [I]I do not tear down CRPA, I ONLY make peopl

  7. #77
    Quote Originally Posted by spidergirl
    Yes, your right. I have a lot too learn. I am not disputing that. Man I aced politics in college..... Do I gotta go back to school again??? LOL - I thought I already did that.

    Antiquity,

    oulandish accusations are being made and they are not coming from Faye, I will tell you that right now. I don't know what too believe I really don't. Personally, who can you trust in this world now a days besides your own family if even at that? One thing is for sure, no matter what we all say or do or however which way we gotta get there, we need to get out of these chairs. These are death sentences that have been given too innocent victims. At the end of the day, no matter what we can say and do too eachother we are all rockin' in the same boat. This is a huge mess.
    Cheryl,

    This board is a good place to learn about legislation that will benefit people with SCI. The overwhelming majority of people on this board are devoted to working together for any legislation that can improve life for people with SCI and work toward a cure. There will be legitimate differences of opinion about which approach is best or what is the best strategy that we can discuss rationally. But there is a small minority who try to divide the community by attacking anyone who does not agree with their view about the best strategy. It doesn't need to be that way. It isn't an either or proposition.

    Enactment of SCREA doesn't guarantee that stem cell research will be funded, let alone guarantee a cure. The same is true of CRPA. But passage of either bill will be a step forward and will at least make it possible to get funding for the research set out in each bill.

  8. #78
    Quote Originally Posted by spidergirl
    Yes, your right. I have a lot too learn. I am not disputing that. Man I aced politics in college..... Do I gotta go back to school again??? LOL - I thought I already did that.
    No you need to read.

    Antiquity,

    oulandish accusations are being made and they are not coming from Faye, I will tell you that right now.
    In this thread alone:
    Quote Originally Posted by you
    Are you insinuating that I am calling Dr. Young a rat? I know he works on rodents I didn't know he was one.
    Quote Originally Posted by faye
    You will be complicit in the unnecessary deaths of these babies if you remain silent about ESCR to the anti-ESCR legislators.
    I don't know what too believe I really don't.
    People who give verifiable facts and figures instead of conspiracy theories.
    Embrace uncertainty. Hard problems rarely have easy solutions. Jonah Lehrer

  9. #79
    Senior Member spidergirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Hollywood, CA
    Posts
    1,049
    Quote Originally Posted by leschinsky
    No you need to read.

    .
    Again with the accusations and insinuations right? But yes mother I know I need to read. I really don't like people telling me what too do. If you want to politely ask me something I will respond more graciously.

    If you think that I am basing any kind of allegations off of what Faye posts- YOU ARE DEAD WRONG!! Now if comes from an AB person in a government official office who has nothing to gain by fibbing, maybe.

  10. #80
    Quote Originally Posted by spidergirl
    Again with the accusations and insinuations right? But yes mother I know I need to read. I really don't like people telling me what too do. If you want to politely ask me something I will respond more graciously.

    If you think that I am basing any kind of allegations off of what Faye posts- YOU ARE DEAD WRONG!! Now if comes from an AB person in a government official office who has nothing to gain by fibbing, maybe.
    I can't tell if that comment was directed at me or not. I am an AB in a government office who has been accused of being a liar here, so maybe it was. If you think I'm lying you can click on my profile and see why I care about SCI.

    I think Les was trying to say that before you decide whether proposals such as CRPA are meaningless and join in with others denigrating the bill, you should read the bill itself. So here it is:

    http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/query/...mp/~c110fbvskT

    If the link doesn't work I can cut and paste the text for you. Once you read the bill, you can decide for yourself whether it would do anything beneficial.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-30-2005, 06:29 AM
  2. Stem cells save Aussie babies
    By Bob in forum Cure
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-21-2002, 03:10 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •