Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Going to Law School

I have a year of law school behind me and...

I bet that you will probably find that even taking part-time classes you will find it hard to do anything other than work on your law school work. I decided to start on the part-time program as well because it had been so long since I graduated. Studyin law is EXTREMELY different than studying in your undergraduate program. Two different worlds.
    But, for me it was a bit different as two weeks after school started we found that we were pregnant. So, that also took much of my time and mental time. Good luck, it is an awesome experience, at least the first year. There are a couple things that you must consider as you say that you are 36, as I am older as well, 32. Keep in mind everything that you have to consider.

I have been a lawyer for 20 years. If there is anything I can help you with please feel free to ask.

I can see the shingle now:

Clipper, Kiran, Ozymandias, Smith, & Associates, LLC

John
    "Hope is like a road in the country; there was never a road, but when many people walk on it, the road comes into existence." Lin Yutang

Way to go Clipper, congrats! Best wishes

WAY TO GO!! THat is so awesome. Congrats!
    Wife of Chad (C4/5 since 1988), mom of a great teenager

Quote Originally Posted by john smith
    I can see the shingle now:

Clipper, Kiran, Ozymandias, Smith, & Associates, LLC

John
    and Spanos.
    Wife of Chad (C4/5 since 1988), mom of a great teenager

I am really happy for you clipper. You will make a fine lawyer no matter what area you choose. Congrats!!!!!
    T12-L2; Burst fracture L1: Incomplete walking with AFO's and cane since 1989

My goal in life is to be as good of a person my dog already thinks I am. ~Author Unknown

Congratulations Clipper! I applied and was accepted to Lewis & Clark too! I visited there in December and really liked the school. It's so beautiful how they've built it right into the park and surrounding woods. I applied to several schools in California too, and am leaning towards staying here (provided I get into a school that's right for me), but anything is possible; I really miss Oregon.

I don't know what direction I'm going to go either. Environmental, Intellectual Property, Public Interest, there are so many interesting avenues. University of San Diego (where I applied too, still no decision letter) also has a night program, which is appealing for all the reasons you mention.

Good luck! I'll keep you updated on where I end up...

That is great! Congrats to you
    www.cawvsports.org
    The trick is in what one emphasizes. We either make ourselves miserable or we make ourselves strong. The amount of work is the same. ~ Don Juan Matus
    We are Virginia Tech… We must laugh again… No one deserves a tragedy… We are strong, and brave, and innocent, and unafraid…We are better than we think and not quit what we want to be…We are the Hokies…We will prevail, we will prevail, we will prevail. We ARE Virginia Tech! ~ Nikki Giovanni