View Poll Results: Would CC Members Benefit from a Employment/SSI/SSDI Board?

Voters
152. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I think it would be a great benefit for members.

136 89.47%
  • No, most CC members, like myself, don't want to work.

4 2.63%
  • Maybe, if working persons provide their input.

14 9.21%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Why doesn't a "Work/Employment" forum exist?

Btw,

One big reason I even dared, was able to stay strong enough and find my way to help him find his way, was CC. TY!
    "I want to make a difference! However small it may be~ as long as it's a positive one, then this is what my life will have been about and I will go knowing I did my best.~ T.

I think it is a great idea. I know that I am still trying to get back out there, and dealing with all the issues involved ... pain, medical, accessibility, logistics, etc, etc, sometimes seem insurmountable. Having a forum to get help from others who have successfully managed to do this would be great. I know from many scattered threads we have many members who DO this (cass, titantium4motion, theophania, lynnifer, even tiger .... never mind there are too many to list) as well as many who want to. Members who are not working and aren;t medically or physically capable of working at this point in time are welcome to read or not.

Tiger, you could add so much to this topic if you posted information as to exactly HOW you are able to manage as well as you do, instead of simply implying that you are so much better than everyone else. If that is not what you mean to imply, perhaps you need think before you type, as
    That's not the impression I get.
    but that is just MY observation of one of our more vocal members.
    T7-8 since Feb 2005

Quote Originally Posted by Tiger Racing
    That's not the impression I get.

C.
    You are something else! I am betting that you are even more obnoxious now that you are SCI, because you think that gives you a license to say whatever comes to mind and you also are under the mistaken impression that
    A: you are always right, and
    B: that anyone gives a damn what you think!

To everyone else:
    I just can't keep quiet anymore when I read her mean-spirited, self-righteous posts.

May I add-teesieme rocks. Why you aren't bitter escapes me, but you are sure a good mom.

(My mom, bro and I spent a winter w/ no water once. It sucked, we lived.)

PS_Cheese, thnks, I think you'd be a great mod for this (hypothetical)forum.

i want to thank cheesecake for offering to mod. i hope this encourages the formation of this forum along with the overwhelming majority opinion in this thread's poll. ty wheelie for this thread.

i agree with rhino; work has been my salvation. however, it has been 21 yrs (dis and working) for me and it is taking its toll. which, in itself, is a very scary thought for me...what will i do?

anyway, one thing i'd like to say is: it is possible to work and get ssdi. this is due to work related expenses and solely dependent on those expenses offsetting SGA. i have explained this many times, but if there were a work forum, some of these basic facts (and a link to the SSA Redbook for U.S. folks) could be kept as a sticky at the top of the forum. just a thought.

teesie...you are one tough and admirable person!

Great story Teesieme! Was that Wyo Tech by any chance?

Aww heck, I'll throw my hat into the ring too...make me a mod! I love to have that feeling of omnipotence ruling with an iron fist over my little corner of this board should I be chosen for the position .

All sarcasm aside, I'm serious. I know my last hat toss for mod was denied due to a few somewhat unwholesome posts around here, but every board needs a good pest I think. This is focusing on a topic that is kind a near and dear to me, and I'm a shining example of how rampant agression (uhh, I mean advocating for myself), leads to continued gainful employment. Heck, I know how to work the system too...SSDI can be a windfall profit at times. So what say ye?

Pluuuuueeeezzzzeeee!!!

LOL, but if you need a mod that is a fairly knowledgable of such things, and can be non-sarcastic at times...look no further.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy
    Great story Teesieme! Was that Wyo Tech by any chance?

Aww heck, I'll throw my hat into the ring too...make me a mod! I love to have that feeling of omnipotence ruling with an iron fist over my little corner of this board should I be chosen for the position .

All sarcasm aside, I'm serious. I know my last hat toss for mod was denied due to a few somewhat unwholesome posts around here, but every board needs a good pest I think. This is focusing on a topic that is kind a near and dear to me, and I'm a shining example of how rampant agression (uhh, I mean advocating for myself), leads to continued gainful employment. Heck, I know how to work the system too...SSDI can be a windfall profit at times. So what say ye?

Pluuuuueeeezzzzeeee!!!

LOL, but if you need a mod that is a fairly knowledgable of such things, and can be non-sarcastic at times...look no further.
    Well, if you aren't chosen mod, there's always Mr. Congeniality, eh?

Roflmao!

... ... ty.

omg, this would've been my shortest post! Just haaaaad to ruin it, now didn't I?

and of course an edit- nope Andy, ( u r soooo funny btw) although Wyotech was where he had been planning to go prior his getting injured.
    Last edited by teesieme; 03-01-2007 at 01:33 AM.
    "I want to make a difference! However small it may be~ as long as it's a positive one, then this is what my life will have been about and I will go knowing I did my best.~ T.

No problem Tiger mum.