View Poll Results: Would CC Members Benefit from a Employment/SSI/SSDI Board?

Voters
151. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I think it would be a great benefit for members.

135 89.40%
  • No, most CC members, like myself, don't want to work.

4 2.65%
  • Maybe, if working persons provide their input.

14 9.27%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Why doesn't a "Work/Employment" forum exist?

Quote Originally Posted by KVP612
    'Cause you've got a great bead on how nearly 15,000 registered members feel & act...
    Nope, but I can certainly comment on my observations of the most vocal members.

C.

Quote Originally Posted by hoff_10
    I think the forum is a great idea. I've now been employed fror 3 years post injury (I worked pre-injury too) and I know navigating the system's can be tricky and daunting. Especially in states with no Medicaid buy-in option.
    Do you know where to find a list of which states have this option?
    Aerodynamically, the bumble bee shouldn't be able to fly, but the bumble bee doesn't know that, so it goes on flying anyways--Mary Kay Ash

Quote Originally Posted by Tiger Racing

C.
    Yeah really, why bother with a work forum, you know all us SCI losers are just a bunch of lazy ass good for nothings. I mean just look at us, just casually sitting there motionless, we're a bunch of real go-getters, eh? I know myself I'd prefer to be getting my $350 a month off of Social Security and buying dog food with my foodstamps, but I am just too lazy and shiftless to bother quitting my job, oh well.

+1 on the werk forum. I'm sure I can suggest ways to dodge responsibility and maximizing the lack of work output, I'm real good at that. Uh oh, I think the boss is coming...time to grab the clipboard and look serious, makes me look real busy!

Great idea!

I'd like to know the system and how to work it. I've been working and like cass I'm getting tired. I went p/t and now $ is a rarity.

i see some guys set up trusts and foundations etc. I want to be rich too!
    Get involved in politics as if your life depended on it, because it does. -- Justin Dart

I shall not tolerate ignorance or hate speech on this site.

C.

Go ahead. We are all waiting anxiosly for your wisdom.
    If you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.

Sometimes it is easier to widen doors than it is to open minds.

Quote Originally Posted by november
    Do you know where to find a list of which states have this option?
    http://www.workworld.org/wwwebhelp/medicaid_buy_in.htm

This site has a list but it really needs to be updated as more states in the pending colum have passed a buy-in like Idaho.

You can also learn more about a buy-in at

http://www.cms.hhs.gov/TWWIA/07_BuyIn.asp

and

http://www.mathematica-mpr.com/disab...caidbuy-in.asp

A work/education forum is a great idea (and maybe the Tiger also could get a decent job then).

C.
    Those who are most vocal don't necessarily represent the majority.

As for an education/work forum, I'm all for. Returning to work or school isn't as simple as finding a job or just picking class schedules. There are myriad factors to be considered.

C.
    Pride goeth before a fall. I hope you aren't as insufferably SMUG as you seem to be in this thread. Ick.

You seem to imply that the majority of us are welfare-mentality. I guess we were all hoping for SCI so we could collect that big paycheck (and that primo government health insurance) and never have to work for a living.

You were blessed in family resources and injury level.

I'd love to be happy for you. But. You. Seem. So. SMUG.

I'm sorry to go off topic. This thread is important.

P.S. I'd like links to the lazy vocal majority, please.

Like LaMem said, SO many factors. From cathing to adaptations to transportation to insurance to transitioning to schedules to job opportunities. What a wide range of experiences Carecure has to offer. Doctors, lawyers, activists, dispatchers, students, computer programmers. Even race car drivers. (No joggers though! )
    Last edited by betheny; 02-28-2007 at 01:04 PM.

Yay Betheny!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!

You Are Sooooooo Right