View Poll Results: Would CC Members Benefit from a Employment/SSI/SSDI Board?

Voters
152. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I think it would be a great benefit for members.

136 89.47%
  • No, most CC members, like myself, don't want to work.

4 2.63%
  • Maybe, if working persons provide their input.

14 9.21%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Why doesn't a "Work/Employment" forum exist?

I have a friend who is SCI just as long as me and never worked. He lived with his Mom and used they system. It has worked out ok for both of us he can find all the fishing hole, get the weed, beer etc and I have partied over 20+ with him and it has worked well. Either way I believe in staying busy and active. My work is a joke they break so many ADA laws and discrimination laws it is unreal. I believe the ADA has no backbone and new business look at me as a medical expense. Is it true that the longer I work the more I recieve in diability?

Hunker,

Your SSDI amount is based on your last 10 Quarters of earning if I remember correctly. So assuming you are getting wage increases in your years of work, yes you will receive more by working longer. There is a max, but not sure what it is.
    "a T10, who'd Rather be ridin'; than rollin'"

the max in ssdi is around $2025 a month. you can call up ssa office and find out what your benefit would be if you stopped working due to disability. the amount you receive is proportional to the amount of fica taxes paid in. if your income remains relatively steady , i don't think you would get more out. the people that pay the max FICA tax are the ones that get the max SSDI payments. The max FICA withholdings are around the $80K salary range now.
    cauda equina

Well I have not had a pay raise in five years and I pay my taxes but I had to drop my insurace due to the fact it is $226.26 per week for family under Blue Cross Blue Shield. I had to put the kids on Peach care but my wife and I have none. So far over the last year I have come out to the better by paying for my prescip, condoms, bag, and one UTI out of my own pocket. I had a pain in my ass but once I took an old insurance card out of my wallet the pain went away? I'm at the point that I wonder if working is worth it. I hate thinking like that because I have worked all my life (except for 2/1/2 moth of SCI) and I went back to work then moved along up the ladder . Got into the HUD scandal in the 90's but being in AR / AP I was the last to go working under the Trustee of the good ol USA. Two weeks I looked for work but no job. I called my old job and they said they could start me back at "minimum wage" I told them I would call back in 26 week after my serverance pay ran out.....(what a bunch of hustlers.)They called in two weeks whule I was sun tanning and drink a beer and said they could start me back where I left off. He I am many years later.

you should call up ssa and find out what your ssdi monthly payment will be, since you also go on medicare after 2 years on ssdi , that is also a factor to consider.
    you are still allowed to make up to 900n a month without loss of benefits, as long as you aren't working full time.
    cauda equina

Quote Originally Posted by metronycguy
    you should call up ssa and find out what your ssdi monthly payment will be, since you also go on medicare after 2 years on ssdi , that is also a factor to consider.
    you are still allowed to make up to 900n a month without loss of benefits, as long as you aren't working full time.
    Wow, you would think the gov would make it easier than making me wait 6 month on SSDI and 2 years on medicare? I feel like a

Quote Originally Posted by Leif
    Splendid jenlogdon, SSI/SSDI etc. should be included of course, very important, just wrote it a bit different, good job by highlighting such important programs (in fact, maybe such a edu/work forum also should include those abbreviations in the heading of such a forum?). Good items, this could in fact help adm and mods to do their streamlining of such a forum. Great ideas, I punch out here now cause you had much better ideas, next, as you say? Good thinking.
    In addition to the whole SSI/SSDI issues info about Work Incentive Programs (ie. PASS Plans) and maintaining Medicaid while working should be included as well.

Quote Originally Posted by hoff_10
    In addition to the whole SSI/SSDI issues info about Work Incentive Programs (ie. PASS Plans) and maintaining Medicaid while working should be included as well.
    that why i think financial should also be a part of the forum, someone i knew just bought a condo in las vegas for an investment. when i found out i told them it sounded fishy, went home and googled las Vegas real estate, saw that it had tanked. this person does not have that kind of money to lose. As my other friend said , people like that will always be without money cause they don't do their research .
    cauda equina

so is anything going to happen with this?

Quote Originally Posted by hoff_10
    Agree, good point, that’s important stuff. We also have similar programs over here and more efforts by the gov are expected to focus on that to have more ppl who wants into the workforce.