View Poll Results: Would CC Members Benefit from a Employment/SSI/SSDI Board?

Voters
152. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I think it would be a great benefit for members.

136 89.47%
  • No, most CC members, like myself, don't want to work.

4 2.63%
  • Maybe, if working persons provide their input.

14 9.21%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Why doesn't a "Work/Employment" forum exist?

Leif, I can't explain that in English.

But I am looking foreward to the day the Parliament is putting us in the discrimination law. As long as we don't have any rights and it is allowed to discriminate the disable people, we can't do anything.

And I will be close to retirement the day they are expecting the buildings and transport to be accessible in 2019.

And in a way it is funny that I am the one who is screeming for accessibility in Oslo, I feel like I am knocking my head in the wall, I should have used all that energy for your stem cells instead. But the lack of accessibility is making me more angry because I feel it is stopping me living my life the way I want.
    TH 12, 43 years post

Leif,

You weld? I built 4 steel boats and 30-40 wooden boats. I used to do fitting and machine work. Built alot of Commercial fishing gear too. My father and I have a Lobster boat he built when I was 6 years old in the driveway, it was a great jungle gym, all 45 feet of it. He's waiting for me to take it over. repowered 4 times, the last time was after my accident. He has so much faith in me. If I don't succeed, he is libal to cut me off !!!! The last thing I need is for him to see me laying down, when the ambulance passed the fish wholsaler, he was there watching the ambulance go by, he never knew I was in it, or how bad it was, until a few hours later.

Still weld, and mechanical work here, all day, today. Nice to know I'm not alone.

Daisy,
    SS Office? Now that's why I only deal with them over the phone. Do you know their automated telephone attendant can't understand cursing? I do, somethings just weren't meant to be. Efficiancy in a gov't job is not a good thing, I have a brother and sister inlaw affiliated with the defense industry.

Quote Originally Posted by woman from Europe
    Leif, I can't explain that in English.

But I am looking foreward to the day the Parliament is putting us in the discrimination law. As long as we don't have any rights and it is allowed to discriminate the disable people, we can't do anything.
    I’m not saying you oppose, but I think it is not fair to say we or some don’t have any rights. The National handicap organisation maybe say so (if not they would be without a job themselves), they have chimed that bell for so long, ding dong.
    Last edited by Leif; 03-03-2007 at 09:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by alhavel
    Leif,

You weld? I built 4 steel boats and 30-40 wooden boats. I used to do fitting and machine work. Built alot of Commercial fishing gear too. My father and I have a Lobster boat he built when I was 6 years old in the driveway, it was a great jungle gym, all 45 feet of it. He's waiting for me to take it over. repowered 4 times, the last time was after my accident. He has so much faith in me. If I don't succeed, he is libal to cut me off !!!! The last thing I need is for him to see me laying down, when the ambulance passed the fish wholsaler, he was there watching the ambulance go by, he never knew I was in it, or how bad it was, until a few hours later.

Still weld, and mechanical work here, all day, today. Nice to know I'm not alone.
    Al’ that is some welding and building, man. I have don a few of those fillet welds etc. in my life, other things too, always been into mechanics, still, this was not supposed to be a discuss we can do, moreover for others if they want to do, younger SCI’d especially I feel. Like I said, I’m doomed and more or less gone, meaning I will not be a part in this other to chime in every now and then. But will never give up thoug for a good discuss when it comes to some stuff to be made lol

Quote Originally Posted by Leif
    I’m not saying you oppose, but I think it is not fair to say we or some don’t have any rights. The National handicap organisation maybe say so (if not they would be without a job themselves), they have chimed that bell for so long, ding dong.
    4 of the persons on the project from last year tried to work there. NHF found something wrong with all of them. And the other thing is that most of the people working there are AB's and it is not very accessible in their office either. It is one blind woman and three in wheel chairs and the rest is AB. They have a HC bathroom though and a lift but not any parking places. And I can't discuss this anymore because I am getting so angry, I am not going to sleep tonight.
    TH 12, 43 years post

WFE. Blind ppl dont have to be blind SCI ppl.

Here in Vancouver the labour shortage is so great, there is a big push on to hire the disabled worker. I've never seen the job market so accommodating.

this is a great idea. i've tried to use the search function to look things like this up and i dont find it very helpful. maybe there can be a part bout going to college too. thatd be awesome.

Would CC Members Benefit from a Employment/SSI/SSDI Board?
    Since "we're" using colors to make our posts stand out from the others how does red look? But I'll forego the cute preamble of an old worn out, supposedly funny story.

Would CC Members also benefit from more spam initiated by a shameless RebbecaHalsberry too?

I wouldn't buy anything from anyone who's so desperate and dishonest to hawk her wares that she takes advantage of a serious forum for Spinal Cord Injured people and breaks the rules in order to blatantly steal advertising space. We know where to buy the shit you offer on the Internet. Shove it Becky.

Bob.
    "Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a great battle." - Philo of Alexandria