Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: hand controls for cars

hand controls for cars

i read a bit on here about hand controls and found out that menox would be what i need for my car. i looked at their site and the different steering knobs...but didn't find anything for a quad. who makes steering knobs for quads?

and on the menox website...i looked at some of their dealers sites too and didn't find a price. i wanting the basic menox hand controls....how much are they? is it hard to get insurance companies to foot the bill?
    -C6 incomplete
    -injured January, 14th 2006 in roll-over

I have the menox in my car. Of course being in Canada I am not sure if they are more money or less. It was around $1,400 for the unit with a steering knob. If you have good figure muscle control it would be okay. There is a break locking button on it. A friend of mine who is a C6 incomplete cannot use my control.
    I have it in a Saturn Ion. I had to get rid of my beautiful Acura because it was a standard.

well...my integra is an automatic...i always hated that it was an auto before my accident, but now i'm glad.

i see it this way...if there's a will, there's a way. i can have one of my buddy's fabricate a new handle/knob on the menox so it's easy to use. i just want to know what all is out there for steering knobs...for quads?
    -C6 incomplete

I use this one by MPD

C5-6 - 22 years

damn...that's big and ugly but i'll do whatever to drive my car again...
    -C6 incomplete

I always liked the DADC 500 twistgrip controls. I have Suregrip controls in my truck and hate them, thinking about switching that over to the DADC, I have them in my two other cars. Been using the Dadc for 20 years, only problem I ever had was one broken cable.

Quote Originally Posted by Curt Leatherbee
    I always liked the DADC 500 twistgrip controls. I have Suregrip controls in my truck and hate them, thinking about switching that over to the DADC, I have them in my two other cars. Been using the Dadc for 20 years, only problem I ever had was one broken cable.
    Curt, would you please write a little more about what specifically you dislike about the Suregrips?
    Foolish

"We have met the enemy and he is us."-POGO.

"I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it."~Edgar Allan Poe

"Dream big, you might never wake up!"- Snoop Dogg

Quote Originally Posted by DA6righthand
    damn...that's big and ugly but i'll do whatever to drive my car again...
    If you dont have hand function how else are you gonna hold the wheel. Once you get your hand in there its not too noticeable. Just out of curiosity and looking at your avatar...Im guessing you are into cars?
    C5-6 - 22 years

yeah...i like cars a lot. i'm determined to drive my car again...i just cant part with it.
    -C6 incomplete

Quote Originally Posted by Foolish Old
    Curt, would you please write a little more about what specifically you dislike about the Suregrips?
    I find them to be very fatiqueing when I am driving a lot on the forearm muscles, I try to use the cruise control as much as possible, I just really know they are there. When I drive a lot my left arm hurts. With the DADC controls, I dont even notice they are there, its the way it should be with them.