Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: navel piercing infection healing cure spray ointment peroxide? no alcohol

gurly, I don't know if I should take it out or not, I mean how do they expect you to clean it if you can't take it out, you know. Well sorry guys, didn't mean to clutter up your board, I just thought it was under "care" so you guys are in SCI because that's what it stands for, does that mean you are unable to get around as well as before the injur(ies), or is this just partial spinal injuries? Wish you guys the best.

Quote Originally Posted by cyndrelli
    ...does that mean you are unable to get around as well as before the injur(ies)...
    This must be the understatement of the year! But she meant no harm.
    - Richard

If you have an infection, you need to see a doctor. Don't self-treat using peroxide, Betadine, sea salt spray, etc. etc. etc.

(KLD)

I have combined all of these separate threads. See your doctor for an infection of your naval. It is not to be taken lightly or self-treated.

(KLD)

Richard,

I didn't want to come out and say it any other way I thought may be offending anyone, I guess I was reading SCI as CSI (like the show or something) or something, lol sorry anyway.

Well if its been over 6 months you should be able to take it out to clean it. If you dont think you are able to.. just move the barbell around when cleaning it. I never had any problems with mine healing. Maybe put some neosporin on it?? I really have no idea...

I think your best bet is to put the original piece of jewelry that you got it pierced with in. If it still doesn't clear up you might need to remove it permanently. I think if you went to a doctor for this his advice would be only for you to get rid of it....

BTW..I got my spinal cord injury in 2004 from a automobile accident. I wasn't driving & it wasn't my fault..some people just like to run stop signs. Most of us on this website are paralyzed due to a spinal cord injury.
    Life is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you're gonna get.

Gurly,
    Thank you so much for such a nice response to Cyndrelli, who happened upon the site by an apparent mistake. It is nice to see people offer up a bit of advice rather than attacking Cyndrelli for not realizing what kind of site she was visiting.

Cyndrelli,
    I wish you well with the belly button thing I let mine grow up when I was pregnant and haven't felt the desire to do it again... sure don't feel like showing any belly now haha. Best of luck to ya.

Hey guys, if you put in on google the word dermawound this site comes up right at #3 under the site that is selling it. So that's how I came right to the "care" board. A friend of mine was in a car wreck when someone ran a stop sign too but she ended up with a few teeth chipped and had some neck problems for a while, well with my belly button problem I really feel like I'm being overly concerned seeing you guys have another type of injury here. it's just been bugging me all day, I looked it up (me and my husband) T4 and T5 SCI injuries, you learn something new everyday. Well my aunt was diagnosed by a doc a few weeks ago as having some sort of RDI or something (not sure what it was, just had an R in it) from a surgery on her arm, the doc told her within a year she'd lose control and movement of her arm, she was stressed to the max for 3 months, then a week ago they told her it was misdiagnosed and she only had carpal tunnel. So anyway, that was good to learn, you never know when they may be wrong on something. Anyway, enough before I bore everyone here. talk to you guys later.

im thinking the second piece of jewelry had a metal in it you were sensitive to, or it wasnt' clean. I agree with putting the original jewelry back in--let it soak in alcohol for about 3 minutes first tho.

Cyndelli,
    I can see how you ended up at this site. There are many discussions on this site about wound care products. You probably don't realize this, but people with Spinal Cord Injuries may get terrible pressure sores (open wounds from where there is no movement to relieve pressure on the skin). That is why google probably pulls this site up when you look up wound care products.
    You've gotten some good advice from Jadis and the others. Try the original... you know the old saying, "Don't fix it if it ain't broke"... or something like that Put the old one back it, keep it clean, and hope for the best. You don't want to start over with a new one if you don't have to, that's for sure!