Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: for complete quads

for complete quads

i am c6-c7 complete.i worked hard to try to transfer alone ,to cath ,bowel ..no results.without 24 hrs.support and help i will be history soon.5 years of pain ,spasms ,monthly uti s .all i can do is....turn alone in bed,eating alone and grab not heavy things with my both palms ...regarding fingers...they don`t work ,but i found a trick to hold the damn cigarette and to grab a small glass full of liquid i also don`t ask for help regarding lighting a cigarette[technology].i am mad and frustrated because i can`t do more things to make my family life easy...i don`t want ?or i just cannot?
    • Dum spiro, spero.
      • Translation: "As long as I breathe, I hope."

Quote Originally Posted by adi chicago
    i am c6-c7 complete.i worked hard to try to transfer alone ,to cath ,bowel ..no results.without 24 hrs.support and help i will be history soon.5 years of pain ,spasms ,monthly uti s .all i can do is....turn alone in bed,eating alone and grab not heavy things with my both palms ...regarding fingers...they don`t work ,but i found a trick to hold the damn cigarette and to grab a small glass full of liquid i also don`t ask for help regarding lighting a cigarette[technology].i am mad and frustrated because i can`t do more things to make my family life easy...i don`t want ?or i just cannot?
    damn adi,

what methods were you trying for transfers. I can transfer but cant turn in bed...go figure
    C5-6 - 22 years

my daughter is a Quad c1 c2 c6 c7 21 years old is this what she has to look forward to? Have you tryed project walk yet i heard they have miraculous results! I am Mad as a mom! I dont have any support. If she would have died I would have more support? I am falling apart trying to help her and running out of money. I dont even visit her anymore because she is far and gas is expensive! Just complaining venting..its only been 3 1/2 months and she is still in a rehab that her insurance wont pay for anymore $625.00 a day and they expect me to survive this with her? Go and figure.I dont know how survivors do it........

Quote Originally Posted by quartermile
    damn adi,

what methods were you trying for transfers. I can transfer but cant turn in bed...go figure
    for transfers i tried the wood board ...my balance=zero.i turn in bed using my arms i have a hospital [remote bed].a lot of pain ,spasms but i turn myself.i don`t have to call for help.
    • Dum spiro, spero.

It depends of her amount of function...we didnt have any support either. That was 15 years ago. It is hard but the both of you will make it, by supporting each other. She needs you more than ever now and you need to figure a way to make it work...how old is she? There are alot of programs out there that she and you could get help from...just do some research and ask here..

plenty of quads live great lives...I for one wouldnt go for a cure if it happened tomorrow...I have too much to lose...
    C5-6 - 22 years

Quote Originally Posted by adi chicago
    for transfers i tried the wood board ...my balance=zero.i turn in bed using my arms i have a hospital [remote bed].a lot of pain ,spasms but i turn myself.i don`t have to call for help.
    thats cool...I started out that way with my balance but it eventually got better. What keeps you in so much pain?
    C5-6 - 22 years

i am c6c7 i transfer cook <don/t ask for 7 corse meal> light cleaning i got a colonstopy because its so hard to keep a caregiver and i LOVE the freedom of it.i turn in bed but i have to have my loops to get in bed.
    this is a bitch but...... what i miss most is my friends we no longer have anything in common . its very lonely.thank goodness i love to read.
    i am 55 in a chair for going 6 yrs

Quote Originally Posted by Lina
    my daughter is a Quad c1 c2 c6 c7 21 years old is this what she has to look forward to? Have you tryed project walk yet i heard they have miraculous results! I am Mad as a mom! I dont have any support. If she would have died I would have more support? I am falling apart trying to help her and running out of money. I dont even visit her anymore because she is far and gas is expensive! Just complaining venting..its only been 3 1/2 months and she is still in a rehab that her insurance wont pay for anymore $625.00 a day and they expect me to survive this with her? Go and figure.I dont know how survivors do it........
    a complete cervical injury is the worst one .the damn victim is trying but....no results.regarding pain ,every touch of my skin is killing me [a blanket or air as well]in other words i am in hell.i am curious how others quads can transfer ,no spasms and pain.i don`t understand....complete or incomplete?i asked dr.huang about asia score..and pain......his answer...move as much as you can with help or without.a smart answer.
    • Dum spiro, spero.

Im c5-6 complete and Ive never had the pain you describe. I do have spasms but not too bad.
    C5-6 - 22 years

Quote Originally Posted by quartermile
    Im c5-6 complete and Ive never had the pain you describe. I do have spasms but not too bad.
    i am complete or incomplete?the docs. all over around the world[usa.europe ,china]did not answered my question and my pain issue[burning ,electrical and spasms ]is a pain that cannot be understand and be evaluated ...score 1 to 10.is a demonic pain.i will choose 100 regarding my pain level.
    i am amaized because i am still alive and i still can type and love.
    • Dum spiro, spero.