Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Our Angels

Unhappy Our Angels

Last Monday Nick and his gf had to go to the ER. She had been pregnant for five months. Their baby was lost. Again we have this awful pain in our hearts to deal with. Although we never got to know our angel, we are still hurting and missing it.

I never knew or thought that an expected child could hurt so much. As much as tho it had been borne. It brought back the pain of our loss of Yasmine. All the bad things I have been dealing with lately have taken a back seat now. This is a hard experience to go through.

On that particular night I wrote a poem after he went to sleep. I just had to put my feelings/emotions down in paper to see if it would help me some. The result .. The Angel I Never Held.

It still was not enough for me though. Last night I also wrote another one. The name .. Two Angels.

Please keep them in your thoughts as they go through this hard time.

Raven

Edited to note that "Two Angels" may not scroll unless you drag the scroll bar down. You can also place the mouse pointing at the text areas and it will scroll all right. I think it may be related to the transparent scrollbar somehow.
    Last edited by Raven; 02-23-2007 at 04:42 AM.

Raven I am so sorry for your family's loss. Your beautiful writing brought tears to my eyes. Anty
    Be always determined in Life and Love

Quote Originally Posted by Raven
    I never knew or thought that an expected child could hurt so much.
    My Mom had an ectopic pregnancy that had to be terminated when I was 10, and even though she was barely pregnant compared to 5 months, I know she grieved the loss terribly. I can only imagine how your son's girlfriend is grieving.

So sorry Raven... My mom also lost a baby when I was 13...I can still remember how painful it was to understand I would never know my brother/sister nor she her child.

May angels and blessings surround your family during this time....love and hugs to you.
    T12-L2; Burst fracture L1: Incomplete walking with AFO's and cane since 1989

My goal in life is to be as good of a person my dog already thinks I am. ~Author Unknown

Raven, haven't read your poems yet...had to tell you I am sending many many hugs and prayers your way and I love you my friend...

Love and prayers,

Teena

PS--now I will go read your poems...

oh no. I'm so sorry for you and your family.

I am so sorry to hear of your loss Raven. Your poetry is so beautiful. It has to be somewhat healing to write.

((((HUGS)))) to you and your family.
    Mom to Heather, age 16, T-12, 8 years post & Michael, age 19.

Raven, I'm so sorryto hear that.We had 3 miscarrages before Topanga.It's was rough thinking will this one be O'K.My heart goes out to you.
    Be yourself!!!
    http://bodyspace.bodybuilding.com/vandamnwcbb/
    BMF Sports & LiftWithoutLimits
    Sponsored Athlete
    http://www.bmfsports.com/ATHLETES.php
    www.genegvd.com

I'm sorry Raven. I can remember the time when my wife lost our baby in 2002. We felt so helpless for it was the first time she got pregnant after 6 years and we were looking forward and planning for the baby. Our prayers are with you.

Thank you all for your thoughtful replies and wonderful response to our loss. I understand that time will make this easier to bear with.

Raven