Thread: Outpatient Rehab

Outpatient Rehab

I am wanting to know is there any resource of locations of outpatient rehab centers?
    I live in portland, oregon. Just wondering if there is a masterdatabase. I'd like to ask a few questions to some centers.

thanks. I seem to be having a hard time finding any in portland.

A CARF accredited Spinal Cord System of Care must include an outpatient rehabiltiation component. You can do a search for your area at the CARF website. if you cannot find a facility that is CARF accredited specifically for SCI rehab, then next group to consider would be those that are accrediated for comprehensive medical inpatient rehabilitation (CIIRP).

I am sure the Rehabilitation Institute of Oregon has an active outpatient rehabilitation program. While they are not CARF accredited specifically for SCI, they are for comprehensive medical rehabilitation. Have you contacted them?
    http://www.legacyhealth.org/healthca...tation/rio.ssi

If you are looking more for a Project Walk type ambulation program that is free-standing, I am not familiar with any in the Portland area.

(KLD)

Varian,

My son did his outpatient rehab at Good Sam. They have a couple of excellent PT's who have lots of experience with SCI. Go visit them before you are discharged from RIO.