Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Really bad sweat above the injury!good or dad?

Yes, AD can be a sign that you have something significantly wrong. It is your body's way of telling you PAIN. People also die and have serious complications such as strokes from AD that is not properly managed.

Check your bladder. Don't get over distended. Be sure you don't have stones or a bad UTI.

Check your bowels. Is your program going OK or are you constipated or impacted?

How is your skin? Any broken areas? Ingrown toenails? Pimples or boils below the level of your injury?

Do you have a temperature too? What is your blood pressure. Get a cuff now, and check it.

When you are at RIC, insist that the nurses educate you and provide you with written information. Also ask your doctor for emergency medication you can take if you cannot find the cause on your own and must go to the ER.

Download and read this before you go so you can ask better questions:

Autonomic Dysreflexia: What you should know

(KLD)

Quote Originally Posted by SCI-Nurse
    Yes, AD can be a sign that you have something significantly wrong. It is your body's way of telling you PAIN. People also die and have serious complications such as strokes from AD that is not properly managed.

Check your bladder. Don't get over distended. Be sure you don't have stones or a bad UTI.

How is your skin? Any broken areas? Ingrown toenails? Pimples or boils below the level of your injury?

Do you have a temperature too? What is your blood pressure. Get a cuff now, and check it.

When you are at RIC, insist that the nurses educate you and provide you with written information. Also ask your doctor for emergency medication you can take if you cannot find the cause on your own and must go to the ER.

(KLD)
    Oh my !Seems to be very serios! I am in Moscow at Neurovita and i was undergoing theyr surgery last week ,but i don,t think that is the problem because i had the sweats before the surgery too.i have a foley cath now and everything seems to be allright with that,probably stuck on my bowels but i will try to get back on schedule, everyother day as i used to,i was on IV's after surgery anyway! I asked for a personal nurse 24/7 and a had my vitals checked every time i sweat bad and they are ok @ 120/80 .The only thing is wrong is an abces on one of my buttoks i came with at this clinic 3 weeks ago and they try to treated with antibiotics and also they cut it open to let the puke to go out.Now they said is clear of any puke and under control ,but as my mom said they are stuffing cotton in that wound ,which is a size of a nut! Still ,when i am in sitting position lets say that wound willl give me that Ad, what about when i am sleeping on my stomach!
    Thanks nurse!
    Blue skies!!

Quote Originally Posted by alextaz
    Oh my !Seems to be very serios! I am in Moscow at Neurovita and i was undergoing theyr surgery last week ,but i don,t think that is the problem because i had the sweats before the surgery too.i have a foley cath now and everything seems to be allright with that,probably stuck on my bowels but i will try to get back on schedule, everyother day as i used to,i was on IV's after surgery anyway! I asked for a personal nurse 24/7 and a had my vitals checked every time i sweat bad and they are ok @ 120/80 .The only thing is wrong is an abces on one of my buttoks i came with at this clinic 3 weeks ago and they try to treated with antibiotics and also they cut it open to let the puke to go out.Now they said is clear of any puke and under control ,but as my mom said they are stuffing cotton in that wound ,which is a size of a nut! Still ,when i am in sitting position lets say that wound willl give me that Ad, what about when i am sleeping on my stomach!
    Thanks nurse!
    Alextaz,

Don't panic.

The abscess in your buttock may well be the cause of the sweats. What is the cause? Is a pressure sore? Where on the buttock is it... at a point where you are sitting? If so, you should not be sitting on it at all. Has anybody told you that?

What treatment are you getting in Neurovita. Are you getting intravenous or intrathecal (into the sac surrounding the spinal cord) injections of cells? Are the cells your own?

If you develop a fever, you need to make sure that you find out why.

Wise.

Quote Originally Posted by SCI-Nurse

(KLD)
    No temperature also!
    Blue skies!!

Don't panic.

The abscess in your buttock may well be the cause of the sweats. What is the cause? Is a pressure sore? Where on the buttock is it... at a point where you are sitting? If so, you should not be sitting on it at all. Has anybody told you that?

What treatment are you getting in Neurovita. Are you getting intravenous or intrathecal (into the sac surrounding the spinal cord) injections of cells? Are the cells your own?

No ,was not a pressure sore,started beeing repeted big pimpels on my buttock,and is yes on the sitting area! What about when i am on my stomach and still sweat really bad!
    About my treatment at neurovita i wrote you and everybody in a different thread started by me ,but i don,t know how to point you to that! Also i sent you a PM Dr Wise because i hade some questions about this "first in the world procedure-surgery!"
    Blue skies!!

I don't need the details... just whether you are getting intravenous or intrathecal. Wise.

Don't panic.

No ,was not a pressure sore,started beeing repeted big pimpels on my buttock,and is yes on the sitting area! What about when i am on my stomach and still sweat really bad!
    About my treatment at neurovita i wrote you and everybody in a different thread started by me ,but i don,t know how to point you to that! Also i sent you a PM Dr Wise because i hade some questions about this "first in the world procedure-surgery!"

i will be honest to you ,i do not know which one is the difference,but they opened my spinal cord where i had at T7-8 ,4cm of spinal nerve missing from the accident and the doctors in US closed the dura at both ends with some wire,so russians manufactured from femural tissue some kind of tube and connected both ends of my spinal nerve and filled with their own polimer "sferogel" mixed of course with Olfactory cells ,bloood and bone marrow stem cells they previously took from me 3 months ago and cultivated them in laboratory! So, there were no injections in my case yet!! The surgery went well, no complications after that of any kind!
    The only surprising thing is that after the surgery at the doctor recomendation i have started to concentrate at my lower limbs as a daily exercise try to move them, so i started to have movement in the both big toes and is not spastiscity because i can started and stoped when i want.is on demand! I know is imposible to be result of surgery ,nor a nerve passing thru the injury site because there were none,but there has to be an explanation!The doctors up here do not have an explanation also,they keep comming to check ,measure and record this thing but they were not able to come with anything yet!
    Any ideea ,Dr Wise!
    Blue skies!!

You might have a UTI or wound somewhere on your body. When you cath, does your urine smell very pungent? Make sure you do a full body skin check. Sweating can also be the cause of these 2 factors. AD stops @ T6.

AD does not always stop at T6. It is common in those with T7 or T8 lesions and has been documented as low as T10.

(KLD)

The only thing is wrong is an abces on one of my buttoks i came with at this clinic 3 weeks ago and they try to treated with antibiotics and also they cut it open to let the puke to go out.Now they said is clear of any puke and under control ,but as my mom said they are stuffing cotton in that wound ,which is a size of a nut! Still ,when i am in sitting position lets say that wound willl give me that Ad, what about when i am sleeping on my stomach!
    Thanks nurse!
    When I read this it gave me AD.

Only kidding but really I think this could definitely cause it. Think about how bad it would hurt having that stuffed full of cotton if you weren't paralyzed. (Ugh.) AD is your body telling you something hurts. I think it could hurt even when you are on your stomach.