Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hardware removed ,8 scruwes and 2rods

Hardware removed ,8 scruwes and 2rods

My story is :jun 2005 i had an really bad motorcycle accident in tennese 4 vertebras broken t6 to t9 and they were neded to be suported by metal construction 8 screws and 2 rodes,done job! now i had this week the harware removed for one of the reasons that was give me pain! I am 5 days past surgery and pain i use to have (and i was taking neurontin,liryca ,cymbalta)is gone !i have only pain along the surgery!
    My questions is because i took the hardware out maybe i will have the pain from the missing rings in between vertebras so probably now i will need a fussion surgery to weld t6 to t9 so no nerves between vertebras will be afected and giving me pain from sitting! I the past icould not seat ,sleap i same position for to long! Now miraculosly is gone!
    Maybe i still have to wait a little and see!
    Anyone gonne thru same experience with me please advice!
    Blue Skies!
    Blue skies!!

I'm sorry I don't really have an answer to your question but I was just curious....you said all your pain was gone after taking neurontin, liryca, and cymbalta. Did you take all of these at the same time? And if so what were your dosages and how many times a day?? Deon complaines of pain ALL the time. He has tried all kinds of meds but they don't seem to work and he dosn't want to feel "drunk" in has day to day living while taking these. This is the side effect all of them seem to give him. Any advise will help.
    THANKS,
    TARA
    (Deons girlfriend)

8 screws and 2 rods??????

Damn!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have 13 BOLTS and 2 Rods, I must have been nasty in ICU,
    they did say that there would be no problems, now I know why, WOW !!!!!!
    What did they do to me ??????

Blog Entries
    He said all his pain was gone after the SURGERY. He implied that all the medication did NOT alleviate the pain.

Quote Originally Posted by alextaz
    My story is :jun 2005 i had an really bad motorcycle accident in tennese 4 vertebras broken t6 to t9 and they were neded to be suported by metal construction 8 screws and 2 rodes,done job! now i had this week the harware removed for one of the reasons that was give me pain! I am 5 days past surgery and pain i use to have (and i was taking neurontin,liryca ,cymbalta)is gone !i have only pain along the surgery!
    My questions is because i took the hardware out maybe i will have the pain from the missing rings in between vertebras so probably now i will need a fussion surgery to weld t6 to t9 so no nerves between vertebras will be afected and giving me pain from sitting! I the past icould not seat ,sleap i same position for to long! Now miraculosly is gone!
    Maybe i still have to wait a little and see!
    Anyone gonne thru same experience with me please advice!
    Blue Skies!
    Alextaz,

Screws and plates do cause pain in some people. Usually, they are needed to stabilize the fracture site until fusion occurs. In general, the fused areas are often stronger than before the fracture and it takes about 6-12 months for the fusion to be complete. The fact that you had your injury in June 2005 means that it has been nearly 2 years. I suspect that you will not be needing further surgery to stabilize.

I am very happy that the pain is gone and hope that is continues. Are you sure that you are not getting any postoperative pain medication? I hope that the pain continues to be gone. It can and does happen.

Wise.

i was taking this pills one at the time ,i have started with neurontin ,did not work,folowed by lyrica,poor results ,and i have end up on cymbalta 6omg once per day ,this one surprisingly worked even if is it knowen as a mild anti-depresant and some effectivness in to neuropathic pain.worked for me,not 100% but let me make it thru the day especcialy when i was Uti free(uti's are increasing the level of neuropathic pain)Anyway i heard that Miami project is studiing right now a drug similar to cymbalta to treat neuropathic pain!
    I was trying to get off it ,but did not work,pain was coming after me!
    I am already a week post surgery on the prestigious clinic "neurovita" they do not seem to have on any pain killers because i keep asking for them cause my hands are hurting,there was an 11 hours surgery in which i was sitting only on my belly!
    The story of my surgery is like they said "first of the kind in the world"
    i had a 4 cm gap in my spinal nerve both ends were closed as i remember with a velcro wire by surgeons in knoxville ,tennesse,the russian doctors took femural tissue an manufactured some kind of duramatter and conected both lose ends of my spinal nerve and filled up the gap with their polimer"sferogel" mixed with olfactory cells they took 2 months ago from me and cultivate them in laboratory ..and stem cells derivated from my blood and bone marrow tokk 2 months ago also,so as long they were being at it ,they removed the hardware too(wrong manufactured anyway because was giving progressive kiphosis and apparently some pain) Last night i could not sleep because i was willing to stay on my back and relax without having any pain without feeling i am laying on brokenglass,was awsome,i finnaly closed my eyes at 6 am!
    Pray to God is gonna stay like this!
    Now the cherry on the cake!
    After the surgery i was kind of having moods,post surgery or because i was taking off cymbalta which was also antidepresant ,so the neurosurgeon came and told me that i am not helping my situation and i have to start thinking of progress after this surgery and he sugested to try to control with my mind the toes try to comunicate with them at least one hour a day,so i have started doing it so,anyway there is nothing beter to do in an intesive care room,suprise i could move my toes, not spastisticity ,which i have!i could do it on comand ! Now i know ,is not possible to be result o surgery ,nor nerves passing thru the injury site! the doctors up here do not have also explanations for this every one is looking very suprised about that!
    Dr Young what do you think!
    Blue skies!!

Quote Originally Posted by DEON
    I'm sorry I don't really have an answer to your question but I was just curious....you said all your pain was gone after taking neurontin, liryca, and cymbalta. Did you take all of these at the same time? And if so what were your dosages and how many times a day?? Deon complaines of pain ALL the time. He has tried all kinds of meds but they don't seem to work and he dosn't want to feel "drunk" in has day to day living while taking these. This is the side effect all of them seem to give him. Any advise will help.
    THANKS,
    TARA
    (Deons girlfriend)
    Neurontin and lyrica was giving me the drunk feel,cymbalta no sideefects!
    Blue skies!!

Unfortunatly ,you were right Dr Wise,i can feel the pain coming back little by little!
    hope for better days!
    Blue skies!!

Fusions rarely stay in. I only had mine in for about 23 months and my friend Kara had hers in for less then 2 yrs. Both of ours got infected. I am glad that you're feeling better.

Fusions rarely stay in.
    This is DEFINITELY NOT true. Most people have a very successful fusion (the bones heal) and infection of the fusion site is very rare. Some people (less than 20%) need to have their rods/plates/screws removed. For most it is not worth the surgery to do so. It may or may not help with back pain.

(KLD)