Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: No buns.(Nurse?)

No buns.(Nurse?)

My butt is gone. I have no padding and it's like sitting on marbles. Last time I went to the Dr they had to give me a shot in the arm because I had no plce to put it in my bottom. Do they have buttock inplants?

No, afraid not. If you are really bony, you may need custom seating. At least be sure you are getting regular seating evaluations with computerized interface pressure testing to be sure that the cushion you are using is right for you, and be religious about doing your weight shifts and skin inspection.

By the way, we do NOT recommend giving a shot below your level of injury. Absorbtion is not as good, and you cannot tell if you are getting an injection site abscess.

(KLD)

Quote Originally Posted by SCI-Nurse
    By the way, we do NOT recommend giving a shot below your level of injury. Absorbtion is not as good, and you cannot tell if you are getting an injection site abscess.(KLD)
    im a member of the no ass club too.

never knew about the shots. i got 2 big ones when i was having my bursitis attack. at least i didn't feel em.

why couldn't we do this? I'm bony as well and at 4 years post the atrophy is really becoming more obvious. there isn't much between my bony butt and the skin.

http://www.cosmeticsurgery.com/essen...tock-Implants/

caution! nudity: http://www.bodyimplants.com/buttockimplant_gallery.html

go JLo!
    "The best way to predict the future is to invent it."
    - Alan Kay

I have wondered about this as well. Wouldn't it be like having a nice gel cushion under your backside? You wouldn't have to worry about padding on the shower seat, car, regular chairs, toilet etc.. You could sit wherever the heck you wanted to sit. My only concern is how well you would heal after the surgery, given that it would be performed below injury level.
    Maybe we should be asking some plastic surgeons about this.
    "Our lives begin to end the day
    we become silent about things that matter."
    - Martin Luther King Jr

this seems like a great idea if we'd heal of course.

If collagen can be shot into some persons lips, why can’t something be done for our butts?
    Dave H

I'm a member of the "no ass club" too !!! (6ft.2in. 115 lbs)
    I wouldn't concider inplants because I heal very slow , the last time I got a pressure sore it took nearly a year to heal.
    There is a crack in everything ... That is how the light gets in (Leonard Cohen)

Blog Entries
    I'm in the No Butt Yacht Club also. I have joked about implants for years, but wondered if it WOULD help in the pressure problem area. I'm off to see the Wizard this morning... Butt Job...I wonder if my butthole will be stretched up to my back now

I was all for it until I saw the 3 to 5 months healing. I couldn't do the bed time. I'll just roll on the bones.
    Cap. Mine is prob stretched from all the prying and pokeing all those years..lol