Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Leg Bags for Shorts

Leg Bags for Shorts

I am ordering leg bags (foley) for Dennis to wear with shorts. I have done a search and have found someone posted a link to Urocare for just these bags - thank you.

I am going to order two large size Sport bags, one for the right leg and one for the left. The site lists several distributors to order from and I was hoping someone could give us some direction on which wholesaler is easy/reliable/friendly to work with. I guess it does not really matter but we are on the east coast.

The distributors listed are:

Bruce MedicalSupply
    Byram Healthcare
    DS Medical
    Edgepark Surgical
    Uromed
    A-med Health Care
    Sheild Healthcare

Thanks!

Meg, When my brother wears shorts (all summer) I just hook his suprapubic tube to a leg bag so the length is shorter. This works for us because he is unable to do independent transfers and uses hoyer lift, so it really doesn't get displaced. I tried the special sports bags but they were harder to keep clean and didn't hold as much. With the more popular baggy, longer shorts out now it works fine. I get him carpenter-style shorts that have flat, unriveted backsides and more room in the legs. So, specificly it's a hollister lg legbag that we get from Uromed.

Dennis is still using an indwelling foley, do you think that would make a difference?

hollister 9805 attached to the cath. 32oz. easy flip valve, and last for months. and they're cheap.

Rusty,

Where did you find them?

We did it that way with the indwelling penile catheter also. You just have to make sure that there are no kinks in the tubing. I lay the legbag along his thigh, that way he can feel when it is getting full.

I ordered 2 thigh bags from urocare.. They work great and I wear shorts all Summer..

My husband's supplies come from DS Medical. They're always delivered at the same time every month and they bill insurance & take care of that part of it. We're happy with them.

Steven,

When you ordered the thigh bags, did they come with all of the clasps, tubing needed or is it a la carte? The website from Urocare was a bit confusing, and did you order the cleaner they recommend?

Meg, www.wisdomking.com their prices and service is one of the best i've dealt with. the straps are seperate. what i do when when i wear long pants is run extension hose-from the flip valve-- down to my ankle, let it stick past the shoe toward the back, you can't see it. i have enough hand function to work the flip valve through my pants. i usually just go find a grassy area and drain. when i wear shots i have a piece of slightly over-size hose that's slightly stiff, 3/8 air hose is actually what it is. i just slip that on and drain.