Page 99 of 117 FirstFirst ... 498990919293949596979899100101102103104105106107108109 ... LastLast

Thread: Recent Accident to My Son

I got back from Baltimore this morning. We all had a good time together in Brian's condo in Baltimore.

As I mentioned in my last post Brian is enjoying the Sub I Clinical Rotation working at the hospital. Brian told me that he has asked the doctor in charge of his rotation if it would be possible for him to do a residency in Medicine at Hopkins. The doctor said that he would give it some thought and see would could be worked out. I hope something can be worked out because Brian enjoys this work so much.

Roger

Thanks for the update. Great to hear Brian may be able to pursue residency.

Brian is really enjoying the work at the hospital. He was telling me today about a patient that he saw Friday. After interviewing and examining the patient Brian presented his conclusions to the resident and attending physicians. The resident didn't totally agree with Brian's diagnosis but the attending physician did agree with Brian and called Brian's diagnosis a Dr. House diagnosis.

This is not an easy rotation by any means. Earlier in the week Brian got up a 5:00am went to the hospital and worked until 9:00pm. He got back to the condo at 9:30pm where he finished writing up his patient notes. He went to sleep for a few hours and then got up at 5:00am to go back to the hospital. Fortunately the next day was an early day he done at 4:00pm. I hope that there is a way for Brian to do residency because he enjoys this work so much.

Roger

If he's not already familiar with studentdoctor.net, Brian should sign up and participate in their their medical student and residency forums. Advice regarding transitional vs traditional internship years and residencies that require less in-house call can be found. Once he has an account, he can try: http://schools.studentdoctor.net/selector to find specialties that suit his interests.

Also, Re: "The doctor said that he would give it some thought and see would could be worked out."
    That's fine if the doctor was the Internal Medicine Residency Program Director. The Program Director is the one who can give him straight answers about his chances.
    Last edited by 2drwhofans; 12-07-2015 at 12:12 AM.

Last Clinical Rotation

Last night at 10:00pm Brian finished his last clinical rotation.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Congrats to Brian for all that hard work, and to Roger and the rest of his family for the support they provided to him through this. Any word on residency or a job yet??

(KLD)

That's fantastic, Roger, a huge congrats to Brian! Way to go, Dad!

Congratulations to Brian and everyone in his supportive family.

The next step for Brian is for him add the reviewers comments to the Public Health paper that he wrote last May. He has to have the additions to the paper completed by the middle of January. The paper has been reviewed by several people in the Bloomberg School of Public Health. I mentioned last May that one of the reviewers sent Brian an email after reviewing the paper and said, This Paper is Fantastic.

I fly to Baltimore next Friday for Christmas and New Years.

Roger

Congratulations to Brian and family!
    Great work!