Page 64 of 117 FirstFirst ... 14545556575859606162636465666768697071727374114 ... LastLast

Thread: Recent Accident to My Son

Hi Roger,
    I am so sorry that the condo purchase has turned into a nightmare for you and your family. I wish I could help somehow.

I'm delighted to hear that Brian is feeling better each day. Please give him a big hug for me. Marge and Mary Jane will be coming out to visit in a few days. Sure wish I could join them!! :-(

Hi Sue

Mary Jane, Marge and Stephen arrived yesterday from Chicago. Today they went to a Cubs Spring training game. Tonight they're coming to our house for dinner and Thursday we're all going to my bother Terry's house.

We're making a little progress on the condo. Bank of American didn't cancel the Short Sale because the owner finally provided the tax information that they required. After the BOA second mortgage department reviewed the tax return they told our Realtor that they would accept $5,000 as the payment to satisfy the second mortgage. Now we've gone back to the BOA first mortgage department to determine if the will pay the $5,000 second mortgage out of the $300,000 offer that they accepted.

I think we're making progress but who knows how much longer this will drag on.

Roger

I SO hope BOA lets this go through for you all finally! Hope the Cubs game was fun for everyone!

wrong site, this needs to be removed
    JeAnNE L1Burst Fracture inc. 11/5/10

Live Well--Laugh often

Brian and Ann go back to Baltimore Monday morning. Brian will continue working on two research projects while he's on medical leave. At the beginning of May he will start a month of rehab at Kennedy Krieger to regain the strength he has lost.

I'm still working on the condo. On Thursday Bank of America resolved the issue with the second mortgage and gave written approval for the condo short sale. Of course there's always another condition. The approval letter said that we had to close by April 8, one week. Whoever put a one week dead line on closing doesn't have a clue. We're ready to close but our Realtor told me that it could take 30 days to obtain the necessary tax documents from the city of Baltimore. The title work was started a month ago but the title company could only go so far until the short sale was approved. I'm sure the Bank of America dead line will be extended but it's obvious that the people working at Bank of America don't know what they're doing.

Roger

I'm still working on the condo. The April 8 Bank of America deadline passed without a word. The title company received the Baltimore City tax documents so we're past that obstacle. Two issues remain to be completed. Final approval on the loan and resolving the HOA lien.

Roger

Brian is working on his research paper and getting ready for two weeks of rehab at Kennedy Kreiger starting the beginning of May. He ready needs to rebuild his strength after of the the baclofen pump problems.

There's almost nothing new on the condo purchase. I'm still waiting for final approval on the loan and the HOA lawyer has not responded to our offer to settle the lien. The whole process of buying this condo has been unbelievable.

The problem with the loan is caused by the fact that I'm cosigning the loan but my primary residence is in Phoenix not Baltimore. I suggested to the loan officer that the Baltimore condo could be a second home for me. I'm in Baltimore about four days each month and my wife lives there full time with Brian. This sounds like a second home to me but the mortgage underwriters are going crazy with restircitons.

I don't understand what's going on with the HOA lawyer. We made an offer three weeks ago and we have not received a response. When we made the offer the lawyers assistant said that they would respond within a day. That was three weeks ago. Fortunately Bank of America hasn't said anything yet about missing their dead line to close.

I leave tomorrow to go to Baltimre for ten days.

Roger

This is Brian's second week of rehab at The Kennedy Krieger Institute. I was in Baltimore on Monday last week so I went with him the first day. The exercise is exactly what Brian needed after several months of inactivity.

As unbelievable as it might seem I'm still working on purchasing the condo. Our latest problem is that we can't get a mortgage because the condo development does not meet the Freddie Mae and Fannie Mac guidelines. There are more than 15% non-owner occuppied condos in the development.

Roger

Dang Roger, your tenacity is incerdible with the Condo fiasco. I see where Brian gets his strength from; his mom and dad.

It's been a journey for sure, trustfully it will iron itself out.

Good heavens. I am sorry that BOA is proving to be such idiots. If you are in Baltimore several days per month and your wife is there more, how could it not qualify as a second home? Hell, there are people who own cottages and such and do not spend more than a couple of weeks all year in residence of them. I am glad to hear Brian is getting his strength back. Good luck to all of you!