Page 58 of 117 FirstFirst ... 8484950515253545556575859606162636465666768108 ... LastLast

Thread: Recent Accident to My Son

Brian is recovering from the pressure sore and the baclofen pump operation. The surgeon looked at the redness near the incision where the baclofen pump was implanted and decided to put Brian back on an antibiotic just in case. He's not sure if there is an infection there or not. Brian's doctor at KKI thought that the incision looked normal.

Ann left Brian alone this weekend to see how he does. If everything goes well Ann is planning on flying back to AZ on Oct 10. Saturday night Brian is having friends over to watch the Cal football game.

The condo purchase is not making any progress. After two weeks of leaving messages this week the bankruptcy attorney for the owner finally called me. She told me that a BofA attorney had to file a motion in bankruptcy court to remove the condo from the bankruptcy filing. I called the BofA bankruptcy department to explain this but they didn't even know that the owner had filed for bankruptcy. I gave them the bankruptcy case number and they told me that they would verify the facts and I should call back in five business days. BofA is in such a mess it's virtually impossible to get anything accomplished. They have more departments than you can imagine and they don't share information from one department to another.

Roger

Ann told me today that Brian has recovered from the pressure sore and the redness at the Baclofen pump incision has gone away. Both of these issues could have been very serious. Catching the pressure sore early and putting Duoderm on it I think is what prevented this from becoming a major issue.

No word from BofA today about the condo. I feel like we're pushing against the Rock of Gibraltar.

Roger
    Last edited by Roger; 10-08-2010 at 01:45 AM.

Very glad to hear the redness has vanished and that the sore is better. BOA truly sucks. They don't even work in their own best interests these days. Totally incompetent.

Wednesday morning Ann is returning to Phoenix. Obviously we're both nervous about this.

Roger

Roger, When I heard that BOA was suspending foreclosure's I immediately thought of you and Brian, specifically the condo you are trying to purchase. Is it now unavailable? (not that it was ever that available anyway....). I hope Brian continues to heal and can manage without Ann there. Good luck to you all.

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    Wednesday morning Ann is returning to Phoenix. Obviously we're both nervous about this.

Roger
    It is a big step---I know Brian will do well, he is very determined. You and Ann have done an amazing job getting Brian set up and on his way.

I too immediately thought of you with BofA. Maybe now the short sell will proceed.
    Every day I wake up is a good one

Brian is doing OK the only thing that he's concerned about is the night time cathing. Once he gets this figured out things will be fine.

I called the bankruptcy department at BofA again. They still did not have the file flagged that the owner had filed bankruptcy. I gave them the bankruptcy case number but they said that they now also needed the date that the owner filed for bankruptcy.

I couldn't believe it what a stupid organization. I went on line and in about 20 minutes I found the California bankruptcy court website. I downloaded the owners bankruptcy petition. I also wrote down the date that the owner filed. Then I called the BofA bankruptcy department and gave them the date that the owner filed for bankruptcy. Here's what proves that BofA is run by a bunch of idiots. BofA gave this owner a $500,000 mortgage and she earns $32,000/year.

Roger

Brian is doing well. He's figuring out ways of dealing with each problem. My wife and I and going to Baltimore the first weekend in November to go with Brian to Washington where he's participating in a conference.

I think that we made some real progress on purchasing the condo this week. On Monday our Realtor called the BofA negotiator again. Much to his surprise the negotiator answered the telephone. While the Realtor was on the line the negotiator looked at the file for the condo we're trying to purchase. After reviewing the file the negotiator said that BofA would accept our offer contingent on upper management approval. The negotiator set a closing date of Nov 30.

I am cautiously optimistic that this purchase might finally go through. I called our loan officer at Sun Trust Bank and asked him to start the loan approval process. The first thing on the Sun Trust checklist is to have an appraisal done. I have a feeling that closing by Nov 30 might be optimistic. The fact that the owner has filed for bankruptcy could still could derail the whole thing.

Roger

On Saturday Brian is making a presentation at the American Association of Medical Colleges conference in Washington. My wife and I are going to Baltimore Thursday so that we can provide whatever assistance Brian needs with his presentation. He's only at the conference for the day. I fly back to Phoenix Monday morning.

I guess the condo purchase is moving forward it's hard to tell because BofA moves so slowly. BofA has thousands of short sales to complete and it seems like none ever get done. The BofA negotiator approved our offer but now the paperwork is being sent to the Investor to get their approval. It took 15 months to get the BofA approval and they don't even own the mortgage. Who knows how long it will take to get the approval from the Investor.

Next week my wife and I will be attending Working 2 Walk here in Phoenix.

Roger
    Last edited by Roger; 11-04-2010 at 03:06 AM.

Hi Roger,
    I hope the conference goes well for Brian (and you all) and that BOA might finally, finally be moving forward on the sale of the condo for you. Good luck on both fronts!