Page 56 of 117 FirstFirst ... 6464748495051525354555657585960616263646566106 ... LastLast

Thread: Recent Accident to My Son

You would think it would be in the best interest of BOA to sell the unit, but it sounds like indolence is winning out over good business practice. Sorry they are driving you nuts, but it would drive anyone nuts! I hope they call so it can be a "close to Brian's birthday" present!

Today Brian finished two weeks of therapy at KKI. Monday Brian and Ann fly back to Phoenix for a week. There's some business in Phoenix that Brian has to take care of that requires his attendance. After a week in the Phoenix heat Brian will be anxious to get back to Baltimore. The last couple of days in Phoenix have been 112F.

We still haven't been able to purchase the condo from Bank of America. Last week BofA assigned a Negotiator to our April offer to purchase the condo. Our Realtor called the Negotiator many times and sent emails but the Negotiator never responded. The Negotiator countered our April offer of $265,000 with a price of $350,000. The price the Negotiator offered is $75,000 higher than appraisal that was done on 2/22/2010. Our Realtor emailed the Negotiator a copy of the appraisal and other comparable sales in the building. There was a deadline to respond so we submitted a slightly higher counter offer. The Negotiator immediately declined our revised offer and then closed the file. There was never a single word exchanged between our Realtor and the BofA Negotiator.

Now we have to start over and submit a new offer. Our last offer was made on 4/16/2010 and BofA didn't respond until 7/26/2010. It took BofA more than three months to respond. I check everyday to see if there's another condo in the building for sale. It might be impossible to buy this condo from BofA.

Roger

Brian and Ann are back in AZ for the week. They're going back to Baltimore next Tuesday and I'm flying to Baltimore on Thursday night. Brian's roommate is moving in on Friday Aug 19. This is really a big step and I'm very concerned on how it will go. Ann and I are going to hang around the Baltimore area for a week just in case there's a problem. Then I'll fly home and Ann will stay for a while longer to make sure that everything is OK.
    We're making this transition very cautiously because it's critical for Brian's independence that this succeeds.

There's no word from BofA on our lastest efforts to purchase the condo.

Roger

I'm in Baltimore with Brian and Ann. Brian's roommate is going to move in this weekend.

We heard from BofA about our new offer to purchase the condo they want to do have the condo appraised again. Since Feb there have been three appraisals done. Two by BofA and one by us. When the appraiser comes to view the condor our Realtor said that he would be here. I hope that this time we get this purchase done.

Roger

Good luck. I hope BOA follows through this time. They should be thanking you for your continued interest instead of making it more difficult.

I'm in Baltimore for the week with Brian and Ann. Brian's roommate moved in last Friday. Ann and I had planned to back away but be in the general area in case there were problems. Well there were problems. The incision where Brian had the baclofin pump implanted split open. On Tuesday Brian had an appointment with the surgeon. The surgeon decided that Brian needed immediate surgery to avoid a possible infection. So on Wednesday afternoon the surgeon operated and replaced the baclofin pump with a new sterile pump. Brian returned home on Thursday and is recovering from the surgery. The good news is that the surgeon didn't see any signs of infection and the samples sent to the lab did not reveal any infection. Brian is now taking a very potent antibiotic now.
    This is a set back and I’m not happy with how the surgeon and his staff have handled it. Brian had the surgery scheduled for the end of May right after school ended. At the last minute the surgeon decided to go out of town and delayed the surgery until July. My second complaint is when Brian called the surgeon to tell him that the incision had split open the surgeon was out of town again. The doctor covering for the surgeon didn’t act concerned and told Brian to some in for his scheduled visit two weeks later. Because of these delays Brian is now going through all of this during school instead of having everything taken care of before school started.
    Ann is going to stay in Baltimore with Brian until he recovers from the surgery. She’ll stay at the condo with Brian and Brian’s roommate. I fly back to Phoenix on Monday morning.

Roger

thank you for sharing and I hope the best for Brian and your family

Roger, my sympathies on the seemingly never-ending setbacks. SCI is the gift that keeps on giving. It does get better. Just keep being the strong advocate you obviously are. And good luck to Brian at school.

Brian is feeling OK and he's using the long weekend to catch up on his school work. There first test is next Wednesday.

He called this morning to tell me that he received a letter from the Gore Foundation notifying him that he has been awarded a $15,000 scholarship. He received this same scholarship last year. This was really good news.

We're still waiting to hear back from Bank of America concerning our latest offer to purchase the condo. It's just unbelievable. Our Realtor sends emails and leaves voice messages but no one responds. I've concluded that these banks are in financial trouble because they're poorly run. They have a standard voice message, " Your call is important to us leave a message and I will return your call within 24 hours". The problem is that in spite of their message they don't return calls and they never pick the phone up with you call them. I don't even know for sure if anyone actually works at the BofA office that I'm calling.

Roger

Bank of America is one of the worse companies to do business with IMO.

Art
    Art