Page 55 of 117 FirstFirst ... 5454647484950515253545556575859606162636465105 ... LastLast

Thread: Recent Accident to My Son

I'm in Baltimore with Brian and Ann until Wednesday.

Today at 1:00 Brian will have the surgery to implant a baclofen pump. He'll spend a night in the hospital then come home on Tuesday. Recovery from the surgery takes about ten days. Last week he was told that he'll be able to have two weeks to therapy Kennedy Krieger starting July 26.

Roger

Hi Roger,
    I hope Brian's surgery goes well and that he finds improvement with the pump.

Hi Roger,
    I've been keeping Brian in my thoughts and prayers all day (as I do every day) and am hoping that the baclofen pump will help reduce the frequency and intensity of the spasms he's been enduring. Marge W. has been praying for him, too, as well as the rest of his "Chicago family". He is such an amazing person and we wish him all the best. Please give him our love and lots of hugs.
    --Sue K. (his "Aunt-in-law")

Hi Roger: I hope yesterday went without a hitch for Brian. I think it is great that MD Voc rehab will be paying for his morning aide as well as the fact that Brian has a room mate. His life just moved one step closer to that of an average med student. There are one or two agencies that have good SCI care, one RN in particular that I know and like--Brian is the type of client she would love to have.
    Let me know if Brian needs suggestions, these groups are dependable. Hopefully Anne and I can meet before she returns to AZ.

Did the condo ever get approved? Did you take the one, one floor above that was less expensive? B of A are idiots.
    Every day I wake up is a good one

Brian's surgery went well. I just talked to him on the phone. He will be coming home this afternoon. Ann is at the hospital and I'm at the condo painting.

We're still waiting for BofA to approve our offer to purchase the condo it has been a year since we made the original offer.

Three weeks ago we made an offer to purchase the condo one floor above us but someone else offered $25,000 more than the asking price, so they got.

Roger

Brian had the baclofen pump implant surgery last week and is home recovering. Over the weekend he was very tired and slept a lot. We're hoping that this is an indication that he's getting too much baclofen in his system. The doctor at Kennedy Krieger is decreasing the oral baclofen dosage very slowly. He told Brian today to decrease the oral baclofen by .5 pill per week. Brian takes 56 baclofen pills per week so at this rate it will take two years before he's done taking the oral baclofen.

The other development was that Brian has a pressure sore on his heal we're not sure when the pressure sore occurred Ann noticed it Friday. While Brian was at the doctor's office today the aid accidentally broke the blister open. The nurse was upset with the aid and put a bandage on Brian's heal. The nurse also gave Ann medicated pads to put on the blister to prevent infection.

Hopefully the blister will heal quickly because Brian is suppose to start physical therapy a KKI next Monday.

Still no word from BofA on the condo. Our Realtor called this morning and told me that he hopes to hear something this week.

Roger

Brian's recovery from the surgery last weeks is being slowed first by the pressure sore on his heal and now by a UTI. I hope that the pressure sore and the UTI were not things that happened at the hospital. It would be very discouraging leaving the hospital sicker than when you arrived.

Monday I was told that we would hear something about our offer to purchase the condo today but we didn't. It's no big surprise that we didn't hear something. It seems like no one at BofA is responcible.

Roger

Hoping that Brian's healing and recovery moves more quickly. It isn't too unusual (unfortunately) to leave the hospital with a sore that wasn't there on admittance.

Brian is feeling much better today. The doctor's nurse called yesterday and gave Brian a prescription for a different antibiotic. When the lab tests came back the doctor changed the antibiotic and it seems to be helping.

Monday, Brian starts therapy at Kennedy Krieger for two weeks hopefully the UTI and the pressure sore on his heal will not limit the therapy. In addition to the therapy he has to get back to work on his summer Public Health Research project. For the last two weeks he hasn't been unable to work on it. Fortunately the doctor from Hopkins is very understanding.

Our Realtor called yesterday and told me that we're suppose to hear from the BofA Short Sale Negotiator next Tuesday. Maybe this time something will happen.

Roger

I really thought that we would hear something from BofA about our offer to purchase the condo today. Our Realtor called the BofA short sale negotiator on Tuesday. The voice mail greeting said to leave a message and that she would return the call within 24 hours. I thought that something was going to happen today because it's Brian's birthday. It would have been a great birthday present to get this condo purchase done but it didn't happen.

At least we have a Realtor working for us who gets annoyed when he leaves messages and doesn't get the promised call back. Maybe we'll hear something tomorrow. I Googled the BofA negotiators name and found that she has a Facebook account. If she doesn't return telephone calls maybe I'll send her a message on Facebook. Not a good idea but interesting.

Roger