Page 40 of 117 FirstFirst ... 30313233343536373839404142434445464748495090 ... LastLast

Thread: Recent Accident to My Son

Carolyn

I leave for Baltimore this afternoon and return to Phoenix on Monday morning I'll tell Brian to say hi to Robin.

For those who have been following our efforts to purchase a condo in Baltimore I have an ironic development. We've been attempting to purchase condo #734 at Lighthouse Point since the end of May the owner backed out at the last moment to pursue a short sale with his lender. Last weekend we looked at condo #306 in the same building and decided that we liked #306 better for many reasons. Monday, I called the owner of condo #734 and explained that we were not going to complete our offer for #734, he was very understanding about the entire situation. Yesterday, when I was signing the papers to make an offer on condo #306 I realized that the same person owns both condo #306 and condo #734, how crazy.

Believe me, we are not indecisive it's just that are issues like accessibility that you have to decide how you're going to solve. Condo #734 will require significant modifications that are not necessary for condo #306. Condo #306 is more expensive up front but by the time we do the modifications to #734 the price difference is not that great. At the end I think that we will come out better spending a little more up front buying #306. This is turning into a soap opera and there are some parts of the story that I have not posted. Like the Saturday morning two weeks ago when my wife walked into the kitchen naked to get a wash cloth and found a man standing in the kitchen. She screamed and he started taking his clothes off (just kidding). He was a Realtor who was viewing the property. The seller's Realtor hadn't mentioned in the new short sale listing that the condo was occupied.

Roger

Roger:
    I just left Brian a message. I am at outpatient tomorrow. Hopefully we will meet.

Sorry but I laughed at your humor as well as A's encounter with the relator. Even funnier that # 306 is the same owner.
    Every day I wake up is a good one

Roger, When you retire please write a book.

Thumbs up I'm sooo impressed!!!

Roger, your family is truly blessed! You're all 'fighters' and have had an amazing journey - and congrats on your son's JH med school acceptance!!
    How's he doing? And how's it going with the condo?
    Last edited by Coleen; 07-30-2009 at 11:32 PM. Reason: same ol' thing - spelling

Great to finally meet you today. Feel as if I have known you forever! Hope the cable got turned on.
    Every day I wake up is a good one

Talking Hi

Roger, I've read your family's whole thread & am truly inspired!
    How'd it go with the condo? How's you son? Updates, please

I flew back to Phoenix from Baltimore this morning. Brian and my wife are all settled in the condo that we're renting at Lighthouse Point. Last week we made an offer to buy another condo in the same building. It's a short sale so it's going to take some time to get all of the necessary approvals from the ower and the bank.

Friday Brian and I met Cheescake and her son at KKI. After Brian's hand therapy we sat in the lunch area and talked with Cheesecake. I've corresponded with Cheesecake several times during the last two years but this was the first time that we've met face to face.

Brian is please with the rehab at Kennedy Krieger. He is especially pleased with the physical therapist who is working with him. He's doing five hours of therapy five days a week and it's wearing him out. I told Brian that I thought that his decision to go to KKI for therapy prior to starting school was a real good decision. Brian said making that decision was no big deal because it was so obvious that he needed to do this therapy before school started.

Last week Brian met with one of the Doctors at the Hopkins Medical School and had a tour of the new Hopkins medical school building. Brian was totally awed by the facilities. He said that none of the other schools that he interviewed could compare to the new Hopkins facility. He knows now that his decision to go to Hopkins was the right decision. To make things even better he's starting to like the city of Baltimore. Of course my wife and I are very pleased that he's happy with his choice.

Roger
    Last edited by Roger; 08-08-2009 at 06:34 PM.

Sounds like things are going really good for Brian - congrats & good luck on the sale!
    God bless!!

This week has been rough. Brian has had dysreflexia worst than he has ever had it before. It got so bad today that he went to the emergency room. It's 11:30 pm in Baltimore and I just talked to Brian. Brian and my wife are sitting in the emergency room waiting for Brian to have a CT scan.

Can anything else go wrong today. The answer is yes. The front caster wheel fell off of the wheel chair. I can fix the caster no problem. I called TiLite and got a description of the screw that holds the caster axle to the fork. It's a common screw so I went to Ace Hardware and got the parts that I'll need. I fly to Baltimore tomorrow afternoon so this weekend I'm going to put LocTite on every screw on the wheel chair.

I wish I could fix the dysreflexia as easily as I can the wheel chair.

Roger

Thoughts are with you and Brian.