Page 24 of 117 FirstFirst ... 14151617181920212223242526272829303132333474 ... LastLast

Thread: Recent Accident to My Son

What a great kid and a great family. He is an inspiration. You should write a book about the journey you have all taken.

Brian setup his interview at UCSF for Oct 22. He has two other interviews setup one at the University of Arizona medical school in Tucson and the other at the University of Arizona Phoenix Campus. These interview will serve as practice for the UCSF interview. Oct 22 in San Francisco works out coincidently very well. My wife and some friends are going to San Francisco to walk in the Nike marathon on Oct 20.

Brian will be starting his first assignment for Emedicine.com any day now. It's taken a few weeks to get all of the employment papers completed but that's out of the way now. I know that he's looking forward to doing some work and getting paid.

A two other things are also in the works. We brought a modified Honda Element last week. There are a few additional modifications to do on it, Brian and expects to take delivery Sept 18. Brian is moving into the house next door to us. Last weekend we removed the carpet in the living room and master bedroom and we're getting hardwood flooring installed. The idea is that Brian will become more independent but at the same time we'll be close by in case he needs help.

Brian is looking forward to:
    1. Getting accepted into medical school
    2. Driving his own car
    3. Living independently

Roger

I just picked Brian up at the airport. He spent the weekend in Salt Lake City visiting his best friend from college. His friend's father has ALS and is on a ventilator. Next week they're going to remove the ventilator.

Brian knows the father so this was the last chance to see him. I can't imagine anything worse than ALS for the family or the patient.

Roger

Last week Brian received an email from Johns Hopkins. He has an interview scheduled for Oct 10. He will be meeting with Dr. Lee. He is very excited about going this interview. Oct 22 he goes to UCSF. Oct 8 he interviews in Tucson at the U of A.

Roger

Congratulation to Brian for his hard work. Wish best of luck to him in these interview.

Congrats

When Brian is at Hopkins, please let me know, I will make an effort to see Brian if he wants.
    Every day I wake up is a good one

Congrats Brian on the interviews and your independence.

Things are getting busy. Brian is working on a poster for the Doctor at Barrows, he has three articles that he's working on for Emedicine.com and he preparing for the medical school interviews. He's calm but my wife is getting stressed. She's worried about what Brian will wear to the interview. A couple of weeks ago Brian brought a suit but my wife doesn't like the way it fits.

Brian now has five interviews scheduled starting Oct 8.
    University of Arizona Tucson
    Johns Hopkins Baltimore
    University of Arizona Phoenix
    University of California San Francisco
    New York University New York City

He really hoping that he gets an interview at UCLA. He would love to go to UCSF but he's worried that it would be difficult to get around in San Francisco because parking is so difficult to find. I think we're getting ahead of ourselves here. Brian would be thrilled to get accepted to any medical school. He'll take a taxi to class if necessary.

We thought that Brian was going to get his Honda Element today but it's not ready. There are a few mechanical issues that need to be fixed on the assisted steering. After those problems are corrected Brian needs to be tested by the driving instructor to verify that he can safely operate the vehicle. The driving instructor is not available next week so the earliest that he'll get the car is Oct 13.

Brian and a friend have been working on the house next door so that Brian can move in there and live independently. Brian's friend installed hardwood flooring, changed the light fixtures, painted, installed new window coverings and brought furniture. These things take longer to complete than you initially think that they will. When you look back you try to figure out why it took so long. As always things are moving a little slower than expected but there are a lot of things in the works. It's not a problem for Brian but my wife gets stressed.

Roger

Things are getting busy.
    Getting busy? Man Roger, you and Brian have been so busy this past 1.5 years its hard to keep up with. Thanks for your posts, fine example for others. All the best to Brian's getting accepted to his favored University, congratulations!

Brian has had two interviews. Wednesday at the University of Arizona in Tucson and Friday at Johns Hopkins in Baltimore. Both of the interviews went very well.

Today at Johns Hopkins Brian was first interviewed by Dr. Gokasian then he had lunch with Dr. Lee. Brian got the impression from the interview that he would be selected but I kind of doubt that it's that easy. It might be that the interviewers just don't want to disappoint the applicants when they're sitting across the table from them. Brian will hear from Johns Hopkins in about 8 weeks. Our hopes are high, I would say that we're cautiously optimistic. Brian and my wife fly back to Phoenix tomorrow afternoon.

Brian has three more interviews between now and the end of October. Next week he has the University of Arizona Phoenix Campus then the next week the University of California San Francisco and finally New York University Medical Center at the end of Oct. He's also trying to get an interview at Albert Einstein while he's in New York City for the NYU interview.

Roger
    Last edited by Roger; 10-11-2008 at 11:17 AM.