Page 104 of 112 FirstFirst ... 454949596979899100101102103104105106107108109110111112 LastLast
Results 1,031 to 1,040 of 1111

Thread: Recent Accident to My Son

This might have been mentioned before, but I can't remember, how long is a residency?
    If he gets a job offer from CMS and thinks he'd really like that position, it may be worth discussing with them a 'leave of absence' after the two year commitment, to complete the residency. I don't know, but maybe they would like to have their employee complete a residency at some point. It seems it would enhance his skills for the employer.
    I'm sure Brian will get other interviews so he can look at other options.
    Best wishes to Brian with job search.

I think his answer was good. If he had applied to residency, then they would have assumed he was applying to their job as a fall-back.

Great news overall. Congrats!

Quote Originally Posted by hlh View Post
    I think his answer was good. If he had applied to residency, then they would have assumed he was applying to their job as a fall-back.

Great news overall. Congrats!

I agree. Not having applied for residency means he's available to take their job.
    This sounds like a great opportunity that will include Federal Government employee benefits. Wish Brian all the best.

triumph - Residency length varies by specialty. Internal Medicine is 3 years. Neurosurgery is 7 years. Fellowship training after residency usually adds another year.

Brian is still waiting to hear back from the doctor at the Medicare Services Innovation Center. A few days after his interview at CMS Brian sent an email and told them that he had met with his adviser at Hopkins and had decided not to apply for residency. Hopefully he'll hear something soon. Brian has a meeting next week with a dean at the medical school to discuss his options. Residency might get put back on the table if he doesn't hear back from CMS.

Roger

The manager at the Medicare Services Innovation Center who Brian interviewed with four weeks ago informed Brian that after reviewing their budgets they determined that the project did not have sufficient funding to hire additional people. She said that she would forward Brian's resume to other groups at the Innovation Center for their consideration. The day after that email two managers from the Innovation Center contacted Brian and setup a time for a telephone interview. The telephone interview happened yesterday. Hopefully he'll hear back from them.

Roger

Keeping my fingers crossed for Brian and sending positive thoughts his way!!

(KLD)

keeping fingers crossed in hopes he gets it!!
    T6 incomplete from MS and an aortic aneurysm surgery that went bad.

Great news! Hoping for the best.

Brian had an interview with a manager at the Medicare Innovation Center in Baltimore. Brian thinks, based on what was said during the interview, that they're going to offer him a job.

Roger

good luck and best wishes for all his endeavors!know he doesn't want to do a residency but... I know several Physical medicine and rehabilitation doctors ( and researchers and other specialties) who went through residency and top of field who were/are in a wheelchair. CWO