Page 83 of 117 FirstFirst ... 33737475767778798081828384858687888990919293 ... LastLast

Thread: Recent Accident to My Son

Before Brian started the medicine rotation he was concerned. I should say he was really worried. Now that he has started the rotation he really likes it. He's working in the group of other medical students on the medicine rotation. On some of the other rotations Brian has been by himself working with the head of the department. Fortunately he has done well in those situations but it's more stressful when you're working one on one with the boss.

Roger

I understand why the medicine rotation is so hard. Today Brian worked at the hospital 16 hours. He has the weekend off.

Roger

I just talked to my wife. Brian's schedule next week is 6:30am to 10:30pm. Sixteen hours every day working at the hospital. I never realized that 16 hours was the typical work day for the medicine rotation. Now it's clear why the medicine rotation is tough. At the end of the rotation Brian has to take a difficult exam on July 19.

Roger

Brian is now in the third week of the medicine rotation. His schedule has gotten more reasonable. His normal work hours at the hospital are 6:30am to 6:30pm. Every forth day he works 6:30am to 10:30pm, he has the weekends off.

This schedule is demanding enough but he's also battling a UTI.

Roger

This is the forth week of the nine week medicine rotation. Everything is going well at the hospital. Brian is enjoying the rotation and feels like he is learning a lot. Next week he starts working at the Bayview Hospital.

Brian is feeling better he's on an antibiotic that was making him feel nauseous but it's getting better.

Roger

Just dropping in with a curiousity...haven't read the entire thread, but did follow along early...and I was wondering...what Brian thinks about CareCure? Is he a member and/or interested?

He who hears not me but the Logos will say: All is one.

I was in Baltimore last week end. I got back to Phoenix yesterday morning.

Brian has two weeks left on the surgery rotation, things are going well. After surgery he has a break and hopefully he'll be able to do rehab at Kennedy Krieger. Previously scheduled rehab have been interrupted by medical issues. Even now Brian is dealing with a pressure sore and a possible UTI. It's hard for Brian to do rehab when he has medical issues. He has an appointment today at the Hopkins wound center to have the pressure sore looked at.

Brian has been working on his application to the Bloomberg School of Public Health at Johns Hopkins. He's hoping to be accepted next to the class starting in August 2014. As I mentioned he's doing the Masters in Public Health program because he won't have all of the rotations completed to apply for residency starting in June 2014. Doing the MPH program fills in the gap while he waiting to apply for residency in 2015.

I'm still getting used to the new CareCure website. Has anyone figured out how to go directly to the latest post in a thread? On the old website there was a link called latest but I don't see that link now. Possibly that is something that will be added.

Roger

Roger, clicking on "LATEST ACTIVITY" adjacent to "POSTS" places the original post at the top and the newest post immediately beneath it. It's not quite what you want, but it helps.

This the last week that Brian has for the Surgery Clinical Rotation. He'll be off this weekend so he can study for the Surgery Rotation Shelf Exam on Monday. The Shelf Exam is a difficult test that's taken at the end of each rotation. Brian studies very hard for these tests because it's important to pass.

Right now it's more difficult because Brian has a pressure sore and a UTI. Next week after the shelf exam Brian has an appointment at the wound clinic to get the pressure sore treated. In the mean time Ann is applying medication. After next week Brian has some time off so were hoping that he can get well before the next rotation.

Roger

Roger, when you are in the forum page, look at the list of threads. On the far right hand side is a little blue rectangle. Clicking on this will take you to the last post in that thread. Not as good as the old Recent Posts page, but it is what works right now.

I assume that Brian's pressure ulcer is on a ischium??? Of course he needs to stay off his butt, and not sit, or this is not going to heal, no matter what medicine or dressing is being used. I know that is difficult for him to do, but that is the case. Has he spoken to the wound care nurse (CWOCN) at Hopkins?? They might be willing to advise him informally (I do this for staff where I work) until he can get into the wound care clinic.

(KLD)