Thread: need new vehicle - want a van ?

need new vehicle - want a van ?

I had a car accident and it's looking like my car will be totaled.

I'd like to consider looking at vans, would be great if I could find one already tricked out for w/c user.

can anyone please tell me what I will need/look for? and if there is a network for used vans?

You most likely will still have to modify an already modified van for your specific driving and seating needs, but you can find used modified vans on eBay (search under "wheelchair van") and at www.disableddealer.com

Also, most new modified van dealers also sell used vans, so check with them in your area.

(KLD)

I got so lucky with mine. It was in the auto trader magazine and a young friend found it. I almost didn't call on it because it seemed to good to be true. I bought it used, completely modified and low miles. I have friends who are mechanics look it over and proclaim it a good deal. It was a 2001 Windstar with lowered floor, kneeling system and ramp, 6-way powerseat and rear lockdown system with 11,000 miles. I bought it for $11,500. I added a wheelchair lock down and chest strap but that's all.
    My blog: Living Life at Butt Level

Ignite Phoenix #9 - Wheelchairs and Wisdom: Living Life at Butt Level

"I will not die an unlived life. I will not live in fear of falling or catching fire. I choose to inhabit my days, to allow my living to open me, to make me less afraid, more accessible, to loosen my heart until it becomes a wing, a torch, a promise. I choose to risk my significance; to live so that which comes to me as seed goes to the next as blossom and that which comes to me as blossom, goes on as fruit."

Dawna Markova Author of Open Mind.

I got mine here: www.amsvans.com

Goiod luck,
    Millard
    ''Life's tough... it's even tougher if you're stupid!'' -- John Wayne