Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone try those naturalfit handrims??

Anyone try those naturalfit handrims??

They look pricey, but they make sense and look like they would be more natural. I bet the snow wouldn't gather between the tabs, either. Just wondering if anyone had actually used them and noticed a difference with them. TIA.

I like mine a lot although I don't have the thumb channel installed on mine. Definately notice less pain in my hands.

They are great! unfortunately I could not get them for my 26" wheels when I got my new chair Had them on my 24's though....
    'Chelle
    L-1 inc 11/24/03

"My Give-a-Damn's Busted"......

I got them on my new chair and like them.

They add a little weight, but are worth it because now I actually push off them instead of my wheels, especially outdoors or in dirty areas like bathrooms. It gives you a lot more to grab onto. Normal pushrims always were hard and hurt my girly hands. They do collect a little dust so you will just need to wipe them down occassionally. Not too bad in the snow, but I tend to stay on the sidewalks when it storms here anyway.
    Aerodynamically, the bumble bee shouldn't be able to fly, but the bumble bee doesn't know that, so it goes on flying anyways--Mary Kay Ash

Had them on my 24"s like 'Chelle, don't on my 25's. I did like the feel of them, they made for good grabbing like November says.

The only downside, they are a little wider than std's. If you have any doorways you just barely fit thru, you won't make it with the NF's. I now fit in my brothers bath(by pushing on top of tire as rims scrape both sides), and there was no way with the NF's.

I'm going to put knobbies on my old 24's and use them outdoors, the NF's will work well for hard pushing.
    "a T10, who'd Rather be ridin'; than rollin'"

Blog Entries
    the fatter mountain bike tires make pushing outside a LOT easier and absorb all the shocks. And you won't get stuck in gravel anymore. I push on the tires rather than handrims. SO much easier, but a lot dirtier. Watch it in public.

You guys are tight. I just think (like a lot of you, obviously) that the NF design looks more ergonomic. Instead of using my thumbs and wrist, the NF would allow more of my whole hand for grip. I mean, I'm pushing my weight and my chair's weight with only my thumb and wrist! If I could really grab something in that hollow space between the pushrim and the tire, I'd be better.

My next question would have been "Do they make your wheelbase any wider?" Got that answered, too. Do you guys have the vinyl like coated ones? I like the vinyl coated standard pushrims because you get a better grip, BUT it does suck if you get a gouge in them! I'd probably get the supergrip coated NF rims unless everyone here just hated them. I am constantly wiping my pushrims now because I use the black vinyl coated variety and they get dirty quick.

Final question... Can they fit on the Spinergy SPOX rims? Mine are 24" 18 spoke rims that are a couple years old. Seems like I had a set of these same rims and I got some vinyl coated pushrims from Sportaid. The bike shop mechanic told me he couldn't get the pushrims on the Spinergy rim. He said it was close, but he didn't want to force it. He told me how different manufacturers measure things so that 24" to one company can be slightly different than 24" to another wheel manufacturer. I believe it was the SPOX rima at that time as well... So yeah, thanks so much for the input and is any place cheaper than Sportaid?
    Last edited by offthahook; 02-12-2007 at 12:26 AM.

YES, you can put them on the 24" Spinnergy Spox rims....That is EXACTLY what I had them on When you order them, there is a questionairre about what kind of wheels you are putting them on, Spinnergy is a specific option. That I believe has to do with how the rims are "tabbed" to attach to the handrim(some wheels have attached tabs and some have screw holes...Spinnergys have screw holes)

I had the standard grip on the hand-rim, never tried the extra grippy or whatever they called it...had a couple people tell me they didn't like it so I never tried it.

I really miss the security of NOT bending my thumb backwards in that space between the rim and wheel by catching it on the tab when rolling too fast downhill or something...I've caught it too many times...ARGH! When Natural Fit makes a handrim to fit my wheels I WILL get them again...
    'Chelle
    L-1 inc 11/24/03

I feel ya. Thanks for the info. As I recall, the Spinergy wheel is kinda contoured differently where the spokes attach (not the hub, the outer rim itself). This makes the area slightly smaller in diameter than a Quickie or other everyday rim. So, the guy didn't want to bend the tabs on my pushrims to make them fit on my Spinergy wheels. There's like a hump on a Spinergy outer rim, where another rim is smooth. I think that was the way he explained it, but it's been awhile. I see Sportaid has the specific order form from 3rivers on the Sportaid site.

I definitely have the q tab mounting system, which uses the buried nylox nuts and screws under the inner tube setup. Is there an "option" on the NF pushrims for a wider width from the tire itself? Most Q tab setups have two holes drilled in the pushrim tab-- one is SUPER close to touching the tire and the other gives you that gap (where your thumb gets caught). I'm getting pretty jacked on getting a set! Thanks for the input.

Glad I could help out I think I understand what was explained to you about the Spinnergy's and the hub/spoke attachment...maybe that's why the Three Rivers form had a specific place to notate that you use them...makes sense if that's the case.

I can't remember definately WHO I ordered mine from(maybe sportaid, maybe spinlife, but I THINK directly from the Three Rivers website) but I know they shipped directly from Three Rivers(I remember this b/c they are located where I grew up & I got a kick outta that, I knew exactly where their warehouse street address was).

The NF handrims to the best of my knowledge have a standard width from the wheel, but that is to allow the thumb track to fit in, it's nice and wide, I REALLY like that myself. DEF wide enough to track your entire thumb facing flat down...
    'Chelle
    L-1 inc 11/24/03