Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: anti-tippers use them

anti-tippers use them

well i did it again did presure relif had a spasm and flip back out of my chair , and of coarse i did not have the tippers on the chair , thank god i have a hard head . so if you have them use them

Why are you having spasms so bad that they flip you out of your chair? There are meds that can prevent this. You need to look at preventing the spasms not blaming no tippers for falling.

Quote Originally Posted by lowrider
    Why are you having spasms so bad that they flip you out of your chair? There are meds that can prevent this. You need to look at preventing the spasms not blaming no tippers for falling.
    ummmm.... I don't agree w/ this advice at all.
    "Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts."
    Winston Churchill

Quote Originally Posted by KVP612
    ummmm.... I don't agree w/ this advice at all.
    ditto. you can adjust your tippers that you can pop wheelies, but if you fall back too far and lose your balance they will still catch you. that how i have mine set up.
    Never take life seriously, nobody gets out alive anyway

Frank's blog:
    http://www.franktalk-scurry.blogspot.com
    My regular blog:
    http://www.ithinkithinktoomuchblog.blogspot.com

It is impossible to go up 10cm curbstones with anti tippers on. And I am living in the middel of the city and have to cross the streets all the time when I am out. So for me the anti tippers are useless.
    TH 12, 43 years post

Mine tend to get fliped up on the weekends if I go out, ie last night went to a friends house that has a split level house, flipped them up to get up and down the stairs. Monday they will be flipped back down so that when I put my bookbag on the back of my chair I don't flip over.

Also my spasms can get bad enough tp flip my chair also, I take meds, stretch, and spend time in a standing frame each week.
    www.cawvsports.org
    The trick is in what one emphasizes. We either make ourselves miserable or we make ourselves strong. The amount of work is the same. ~ Don Juan Matus
    We are Virginia Tech… We must laugh again… No one deserves a tragedy… We are strong, and brave, and innocent, and unafraid…We are better than we think and not quit what we want to be…We are the Hokies…We will prevail, we will prevail, we will prevail. We ARE Virginia Tech! ~ Nikki Giovanni

Always use them both as well. I had just one on about 6 weeks ago and popped over a threshold...one will not hold you! It sure as hell didnt hold me!
    C5-6 - 22 years

Quote Originally Posted by quartermile
    Always use them both as well. I had just one on about 6 weeks ago and popped over a threshold...one will not hold you! It sure as hell didnt hold me!

Some people only have one tipper though...refer to my center mount anti tipper in This link as an example...

Quote Originally Posted by Woman From Europe
    It is impossible to go up 10cm curbstones with anti tippers on. And I am living in the middel of the city and have to cross the streets all the time when I am out. So for me the anti tippers are useless.
    I go up curbs at least that high with my anti-tipper on a regular basis...and I did with my tippers on my old chair too...If your standard tippers don't fit your needs you can always make modifications to their height/length so as they do, yet still serve their intended purpose...It is not impossible
    'Chelle
    L-1 inc 11/24/03

"My Give-a-Damn's Busted"......

Quote Originally Posted by lowrider
    If I medicated myself enough to prevent this I wouldn;t need anti tips either. I would be asleep all the time!
    T7-8 since Feb 2005

Quote Originally Posted by sjean423
    If I medicated myself enough to prevent this I wouldn;t need anti tips either. I would be asleep all the time!
    OK, I'm curious. Where is the CoG located on your guys' chairs?? And, I'm sure you've tried this, but I'll ask anyway. Have you tried different kinds of meds for your spasms? It sounds like you guys have it worse than some people with CP and that just seems odd.

I would look into adjusting the CoG on my chair before I would add anti-tippers. I don't like the way they look and wouldn't want the added weight.

C.