Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: uninstalling Windows Internet Explorer 7 Beta 2

uninstalling Windows Internet Explorer 7 Beta 2

I hate it. I want IE 6 back. Every since I downloaded it when I go to start and IE it will not pop up the little window to click get on line. I have got to go to my email to get on line.
    Boy did I mess up downloading this. I have a service contract with Dell and they have been good. I called them about this problem and since it is a soft where I have to pay 100$ for them to help me uninstall it.

The problem is it is not in Add or delete. If I just let them uninstall it without paying the 100$ then I will lose all my games, document and files. Because they have to totally uninstall Windows. But the 100$ deal is that they can uninstall it without losing everything and get me back to IE 6.

I looked up Microsoft.com and read about it and it told me the same thing. I have XP. This is the first thing that I have installed that I can't remove. I did go back a couple of months to see if that would help but it didn't. I guess I am going to be out 100$. This sucks.
    Mary
    I want to Rock you Gypsy soul and together we will flow into the Mystic.
    Van Morrison

Specifically:

Uninstalling Internet Explorer 7 RC1
    To uninstall Internet Explorer 7 and restore Internet Explorer 6 when using Windows XP or Windows Server 2003
    1. Click Start, and then click Control Panel.
    2. Click Add or Remove Programs.
    3. Scroll down to Windows Internet Explorer 7, click it, and then click Change/Remove.
    If you cannot find Internet Explorer 7 in Add or Remove Programs, click Start, click Run, type %windir%\ie7\spuninst\spuninst.exe, and then press ENTER.
    Note: %windir% is the location of your Windows directory, which can usually be found at C:\Windows. To do this, you need to have "view hidden folders" enabled.
    Uninstalling Internet Explorer 7 Beta 3, Beta 2, Beta 2 Preview, or Beta 1
    To uninstall Internet Explorer 7 Beta 3, Beta 2, Beta 2 Preview, or Beta 1 and restore Internet Explorer 6 when using Windows XP or Windows Server 2003:
    1. Click Start, and then click Control Panel.
    2. Click Add or Remove Programs.
    3. Scroll down to "Internet Explorer 7 Beta 3", "Internet Explorer 7 Beta 2", or "Internet Explorer 7 Beta 2 Preview", click it, and then click Change/Remove.
    4. If you cannot find any version of Internet Explorer 7 in the previous step, select the Show Updates check box at the top of the Add or Remove Programs dialog box, scroll down to Windows XP - Software Updates, select "Internet Explorer 7 Beta 2 Preview" or "Internet Explorer 7 Beta 1", and then click Change/Remove.
    If you cannot find an Internet Explorer 7 entry using Add or Remove Programs, try running these commands. Each is for a different release of Internet Explorer 7, so only one will succeed. To run any of these commands, you need to have the View hidden folders option enabled. In the commands below, %windir% is the location of your Windows directory, which can usually be found at C:\Windows. To run these commands, click Start, click Run, and then type one of the following:
    • %windir%\ie7beta3\spuninst\spuninst.exe.
    • %windir%\$NtUninstallie7beta1$\spuninst\spuninst.e xe.
    • %windir%\$NtUninstallie7bet2p$\spuninst\spuninst.e xe.
    • %windir%\$NtUninstallie7b2pmx$\spuninst\spuninst.e xe.
    • %windir%\$NtUninstallie7beta2$\spuninst\spuninst.e xe.
    If the uninstall process causes the computer to stop responding while removing Internet Explorer 7, restart the computer, delete any custom sound schemes created after installing the Internet Explorer 7 Beta, and then try to uninstall Internet Explorer 7 again.
    Internet Explorer 7 Fails to Uninstall from Specified User Account
    If you see an error message saying that you cannot uninstall Internet Explorer 7 from this user account, you can bypass the check by following these steps:
    1. Click Start, click Run, type regedit, and then press ENTER.
    2. Navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer.
    3. Right-click the Internet Explorer key, click New, and then click DWORD value.
    4. Type InstalledByUser as the name, and then press ENTER to finish creating the new registry value.
    5. Try to uninstall Internet Explorer 7 again.
    Daniel

Ie7

I agree it bites.Simplest way to remove:start,control panel,add remove prog.Check the show updates box and IE7 should show up in the list of of programs,remove normally.

Can she restore to the date she installed?

There is no need to restore,you're just removing the browser and reverting back to IE6.Data,files,emails are not affected.I removed it with no problems.

I found it in my add/remove so should I do that or will I have Windows IE 6 in there?
    Mary
    Van Morrison

I was able to just delete it. Dang why where they asking for 100$/

Thanks all, Mary
    Van Morrison

Try installing a different browser... Like Mozilla Firefox

i hate the new one to but if you unistall does your comp know to go back to older version
    to alcohol the cause of-and solution to-all of lifes problems [homer simpson]