Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: McDonald's nutritional info

McDonald's nutritional info

While grocery shopping we got a bit hungry today and had a snack from McDonald's. I'm trying to be more aware of the nutritional information of the foods I eat these days so I googled McDonald's and found these:

Nutritional Calculator
    Nutritional Facts

I about crapped my pants when I found out how many calories there were! Those are eye opening sites.
    You Don’t Choose A Life, You Live One – “The Way”

Yep, Mc's has alot that taste good,but bad for you.
    Be yourself!!!
    BMF Sports & LiftWithoutLimits
    Sponsored Athlete

its crazy... lucky for me McD's literally makes me crap my pants (all fast food does) so thats a good incentive to avoid it.

Ewwwwwwwwwwwwww, that nutrition info is scary. My arteries could clog just reading it.

I was stunned to learn 2 out of 3 people in the US are overweight. No wonder.

Ahhhh, finally some factual data when ordering that diet Coke with those Big Mac's really does matter.

Life isn't like a bowl of cherries or peaches. It's more like a jar of jalapenos--What you do today might burn your ass tomorrow.

If you ain't laughing, you ain't living, baby. Carlos Mencia

I find the chart relatively reassuring rather than frightening.

A Mac #1 meal has 1130 calories, i.e. 540 calories (Big Mac) plus 380 calories (Medium Fries) and 210 calories (Medium Coke), a little greater than half of the average 2000 calory that a person is supposed to eat per day and only 65% of the daily saturated fats that one is suppose to eat. If one drinks a diet coke instead, it adds up to only 921 calories.

In other words, I can eat a McDonald breakfast (Egg McMuffin, 300 Calories plus coffee), an Asian Chicken salad for lunch (300 Calories plus low Newan's creamy dressing 190 calories), a Big Mac with medium fries and diet and still eat less than 2000 calories per day.

McDonald's hamburgers are actually better than other fast food places. For example, a Häagen-Daz Mint Chip Dazzler with three coops of mint ice cream, hot fudge, oreos, cholate sprinkles, and whipped cream has 1,270 calories and 38 grams of saturated fat. A Burger King Double Whopper, by the way, has 916 calories. Even the Burger King veggie burger has 685 caloriies (Source).

Here is a web site that gives the calorie counts for 50,000 American and generic brand name foods.

Quote Originally Posted by Wise Young
    Here is a web site that gives the calorie counts for 50,000 American and generic brand name foods.

Thanks, that's a pretty good site.

Washington, D.C.
    If you order a hamburger, small fries and small drink it's 630 calories, a reasonable lunch or dinner for an adult. When McDonald's first opened, this is what they served and Americans were reasonable sized. As larger meals became available, so did Americans.... It's nice to know I can still get my fry-fix without gluing them to my butt.

Here is a link to a cnn video called "extreme eating" .It talks about caloric intake from meals at some national chain resturants. No wonder so many are over weight.

I guess you'l have to cut & paste.

We are all getting fat. All going to hell in a handbasket.
    Aerodynamically, the bumble bee shouldn't be able to fly, but the bumble bee doesn't know that, so it goes on flying anyways--Mary Kay Ash