Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Autonomic Dysreflexia (AD): alert card

Autonomic Dysreflexia (AD): alert card

This is information on Autonomic Dysreflexia (AD) (see links for more).
    An easy-to-print AD Alert Card has been created for anyone who needs a wallet-sized card.

Some of the info was compiled from the Local Anesthesia thread started by november (Brooke). Responding to the interest/need expressed by members for a printable Alert Card, CapnGimp (John) provided links to and typed out info from his TIRR AD card into a .doc, with which Scorpion (Rus) used to create into a pdf. Using current info and management protocol provided by SCI-Nurses, final update completed (pdf attachment).

Basic AD info:
    ** FINAL version **
    Attached:
    • .pdf file: AD_Card.
      Just make sure you have adobe acrobat reader for viewing/printing.
      Printout should be more legible than appears on screen.

• Print.
      • Fold.
      • Laminate.
    • .doc file: AD_Personal (Form) *see sample in post#28

* Can be printed and/or saved on a flash-drive (easily portable on keychain)

Below is the jpg image of the card (this is just for sample view. printing may distort).

Below is view of AD Personalized form/sheet
    Last edited by chick; 02-12-2007 at 05:25 PM. Reason: Updated version

Thx, Chick & everyone--invaluable information.

Quote Originally Posted by Susan M
    Thx, Chick & everyone--invaluable information.
    ditto!!
    Get involved in politics as if your life depended on it, because it does. -- Justin Dart

I shall not tolerate ignorance or hate speech on this site.

THANK YOU!! That is awesome. Printing now and laminating ... salutes snappily!

ETA: I am sending this to my brother, who is an ER doc, so he can know of it and share it with others.

Ami
    Wife of Chad (C4/5 since 1988), mom of a great teenager

The Procardia should read Bite & swallow. It must be the immediate reease kind, not the XR.The under the tongue is no longer recommended.

CWO

Thx CWO!

Should "Nitropaste", which you referred to, in other thread, replace Nifedipine or just added as another option?

Please add any other corrections and/or info you think are necessary. Will adjust ASAP.

Will update and re-attach in a few.

Wow. Thank you!

It's amazing I've had to tell some of my doctors about this. Having the card on me with other i.d. should help in the event I cannot tell others what's happening and why.

I am considering having this prominently tattooed on Chad's chest! Maybe his arms and forehead too, just to cover all the bases. It is amazing, that even with me standing there - exquistely educated on AD (baptism by fire over 3 years...) - that we are still ignored and blown off. I have had to give him nitro myself in the ER under the total objection of the stafff. Hey dude, I'll piss ya off to save my husband's life thanks. Then we can have the conversation about AD after he is still alive!! It really is that bad sometimes, as many of us know. And if you haven't had this experience, one of these days you will ... .unless you tatoo this onto you.
    Wife of Chad (C4/5 since 1988), mom of a great teenager

OOPS! editing...
    Last edited by chick; 02-09-2007 at 12:53 AM.

Arrow Updated!

UPDATED! 2.08.07 @ 11:30 pm.

Added info.

Sorry about changes - formatting issues.