Thread: GERD/Acid Reflux & SCI

GERD/Acid Reflux & SCI

Hi. This is my first time posting here and I wasn't sure where it should go.

I have very bad acid reflux. My doctor has me on medication for it and I have had the proper tests done, but I was wondering if this is something that affects lots of people with spinal cord injuries?

My level of injury in t-6 and I've been in the chair for about 20 years and suffering from reflux for about 10.

Almost forgot to add that my weight is normal but my posture is not so great. I know that poor posture can add to reflux, but I'm kind of lost on how to improve my posture at this point.

My husband Bill has acid reflux very often Hannah and takes Nexium with some success. As well he avoids eating right before bed (night time snack ) and that helps too . And then some nights he can do everything right and he still gets it !
    I probably should mention he's had part of his stomach removed and has an ileostomy which I'm sure factors into the equation! But I do believe its not an uncommon side affect of sci! He's been injured almost 9 years now but the reflux problem has gotten worse in the last 3 years I would say.

Obieone
    ~ Be the change you wish to see in the world ~ Mahatma Gandi

" calling all Angels ...... calling all Angels ....walk me through this one .. don't leave me alone .... calling all Angels .... calling all Angels .... we're tryin' and we're hopin' cause we're not sure how ....... this .... goes ..."
    Jane Siberry