Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 27

Thread: Costa Rica

  1. #1

    Costa Rica

    I will be going there! Staying 2-week minium. So im wondering if anyone know about hospitals/care or anything? Hotels/accessibilty? With all my bad-luck.
    Just to have a nice trip.

  2. #2
    Senior Member Foolish Old's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Florida Keys
    Posts
    16,412
    Quote Originally Posted by MADPRODUCER
    I will be going there! Staying 2-week minium. So im wondering if anyone know about hospitals/care or anything? Hotels/accessibilty? With all my bad-luck.
    Just to have a nice trip.
    Thankfully, I never had the need to experience Costa Rican medical care first hand. However, I have friends who have lived there more than a decade who have high praise for the health care system.

    I would caution you that many of the rural areas are quite remote because of the undeveloped roads. Specialists familiar with SCI are difficult to find anywhere, even large US cities.

    Where in CR are you going? What are your interests? I don't know much about the prostitution and gambling - the two most popular legal attractions for American males.

    BTW - I had trouble with TACA Airlines not bringing my chair to the aircraft, making me board LAST, etc. I filed a complaint with the FAA, three of my five complaints were upheld. Hopefully, that means that they made some policy changes.
    Last edited by Foolish Old; 02-06-2007 at 08:33 AM.
    Foolish

    "We have met the enemy and he is us."-POGO.

    "I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it."~Edgar Allan Poe

    "Dream big, you might never wake up!"- Snoop Dogg

  3. #3
    If you need hospitalization or health care, stick to San Jose. It gets a lot iffier once you get out into the countryside.

    There are tour groups that specialize in tours for those in chairs if you are interested. There have been some posts about this on the Disabled Cruising board at www.cruisecritic.com

    (KLD)

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Foolish Old
    What are your interests? I don't know much about the prostitution and gambling-
    I'm pretty sure those are his only interests.
    Aerodynamically, the bumble bee shouldn't be able to fly, but the bumble bee doesn't know that, so it goes on flying anyways--Mary Kay Ash

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Foolish Old
    BTW - I had trouble with TACA Airlines not bringing my chair to the aircraft, making me board LAST, etc. I filed a complaint with the FAA, three of my five complaints were upheld. Hopefully, that means that they made some policy changes.
    I had the same problems with them as recent as a couple of years ago. Their basic knowledge of service to disabled passengers is non-existent. Be prepared and ask for everything in advance, and twice. Be redundant.
    T6 complete (or so I think), SCI since September 21, 2003

  6. #6
    [QUOTE=Foolish Old]

    Where in CR are you going? What are your interests? I don't know much about the prostitution and gambling - the two most popular legal attractions for American males.

    QUOTE]
    San Jose. I just wanna sight see and relax. I didnt know you can gamble in CR.
    I hear the women are really men in CR..

  7. #7

    Wink

    Quote Originally Posted by november
    I'm pretty sure those are his only interests.
    Nice! Mind in the gutter

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by SCI-Nurse
    If you need hospitalization or health care, stick to San Jose. It gets a lot iffier once you get out into the countryside.

    There are tour groups that specialize in tours for those in chairs if you are interested. There have been some posts about this on the Disabled Cruising board at www.cruisecritic.com

    (KLD)
    A friend of mine is in San Jose and he want me to come and visit. He's my guide.
    I will look on disable cruise about hospitalization & health care.

  9. #9
    You goin to visit one of your skanks?

    Have fun! Fill in the details, man.

  10. #10
    Senior Member Foolish Old's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Florida Keys
    Posts
    16,412
    [quote=MADPRODUCER]
    Quote Originally Posted by Foolish Old

    Where in CR are you going? What are your interests? I don't know much about the prostitution and gambling - the two most popular legal attractions for American males.

    QUOTE]
    San Jose. I just wanna sight see and relax. I didnt know you can gamble in CR.
    I hear the women are really men in CR..
    San Jose is cool, but keep your wits about you.

    Yeah, tourists can gamble and whore, and many go there just for that reason. I'm sure that a man can hook-up with a transvestite knowingly or by deception. But there are many females.

    I spent most of my time in the sticks doing ecotourism (birds, bugs, plants) and killing fish.

    Have fun.
    Foolish

    "We have met the enemy and he is us."-POGO.

    "I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it."~Edgar Allan Poe

    "Dream big, you might never wake up!"- Snoop Dogg

Similar Threads

  1. Anyone interested in taking a trip to Costa Rica?
    By luckyrestart in forum Recreation, Sports, Travel, & Hobbies
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-18-2006, 09:04 PM
  2. Bad crasch occured today to a famous motogp rider
    By andrea in forum Spinal Cord Injury News
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 04-19-2003, 04:06 PM
  3. Healing Power in a Gene
    By Max in forum Health & Science News
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-26-2002, 12:11 PM
  4. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-11-2002, 06:02 PM
  5. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-18-2002, 12:04 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •