Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Weight Watchers

if you have a ceiling lift like I do you can hang a scale for weighing meat from it, then attach the lift to it.
    Good luck with WW, I lost 8 lbs in 3 weeks before getting pregnant. On the Core plan.

This may sound really weird (but I am good at having weird ideas), but go to a local vet hospital, and they have scales that are for big dogs that you could roll onto - either unassisted or with a small push. Then if you can get the weight of your chair, you can track yourself. Or, just track yourself in your chair, its the downward trend that is impt, not the absolute weight. Call me crazy ... but just an idea after I just got home form the vet with our service dog and used such a scale.
    Wife of Chad (C4/5 since 1988), mom of a great teenager

Quote Originally Posted by zillazangel
    This may sound really weird (but I am good at having weird ideas), but go to a local vet hospital, and they have scales that are for big dogs that you could roll onto - either unassisted or with a small push. Then if you can get the weight of your chair, you can track yourself. Or, just track yourself in your chair, its the downward trend that is impt, not the absolute weight. Call me crazy ... but just an idea after I just got home form the vet with our service dog and used such a scale.
    Not so crazy. I always weighed myself on the same platform scales we used for the dolphins and sea lions where I worked.
    Foolish

"We have met the enemy and he is us."-POGO.

"I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it."~Edgar Allan Poe

"Dream big, you might never wake up!"- Snoop Dogg

Think of a place nearby that would weigh heavy things. A distribution warehouse, shipping/receiving clerk, produce warehouse, etc... I found a local meat packer who has a certified roll-on scale to weigh carts before they go onto the trucks. The scales are outside on the loading dock so I can run by after hours and on weekends. The owner was more than happy to let me use them.

On the other hand, I struck out with places like Shands teaching hospital and Vista Rehab. The only type they have are the sling type and there is a liablity issue with me transfering in and out of my chair into the sling.
    NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF WATER AND FIBER

weight watchers scale

The weight watchers meeting I go to is at one of their main offices in Austin, and they have a wheelchair scale at the office. They may also have modifications and tips for folks in wheelchairs.

Quote Originally Posted by michtif
    Ok, I joined weight watchers online. Here's the problem. In order to do this, I need a scale. To see what my progress is. I doubt the centers have one. Many of the hospitals I've been in as well don't have one. Any advice? I have no idea how much I weigh, on the site I took a guess, which I know is dumb... Any answers on how to go about this would be great, Thanks, Tiff
    I joined WW a while ago. If you contact their site they can have a scale sent to the location you would go if you were to join. They are probably the most accomodating organization I have ever come across.

Jennifer

Tiff

Find a cute guy and have him pick you up and weigh you both. Then have him get on the scale and weigh himself and subtract the difference. If you are worried about said cute guy seeing your weight he probably won't be able to see anyway or ask him not to look.

Quote Originally Posted by SCI-Nurse View Post
    Knowing how Weight Watchers works, I would put this back onto them. If they are going to take your money, and put you into their program, they should provide a wheelchair scale as a reasonable accomodation. There are portable ones that they could take from meeting site to meeting site if needed. Push for that. Without it, you are not going to get equal services for your money...it could be an ADA issue.

(KLD)
    that crossed my mind, that it was a ada issue, but because they have weight watcher stores you go to. I think some malls have weight watchers stores too, or at least they do in pennsylvania. I didnt know the meetings moved around.